Tomkins Leaving - Official

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Exiled Wiganer

Re: Tomkins Leaving - Official

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

If anything today showed how he will miss us far more than we will miss him.
Williams in particular was superb, the whole team dismantled Wire. With a fullback who can run we will be even stronger.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Any team would miss him in his current form,I suspect IL and Rads will be hoping a downturn of form from him next season,but what’s done is done only time will tell if it’s been a mistake or not and as non of us are mystic meg we will have to wait.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Sam T was outstanding today, even Stevie Wonder could have seen that! He is a class act and we will miss his defence and more than anything his game management in my opinion. His attack has always been very intelligent, so that goes without saying!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:If anything today showed how he will miss us far more than we will miss him.
Well Exiled I have to say you have excelled yourself there. I think only you could twist that performance from Sam T into a negative comment regarding him. Where you willing him to have a poor game?
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

DaveO wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote:If anything today showed how he will miss us far more than we will miss him.
Well Exiled I have to say you have excelled yourself there. I think only you could twist that performance from Sam T into a negative comment regarding him. Where you willing him to have a poor game?
Of course not, but we had 17 great players today.
Williams was also superb.
Watch Catalans today and you will see what he has chosen to do.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Sam T was outstanding today, even Stevie Wonder could have seen that! He is a class act and we will miss his defence and more than anything his game management in my opinion. His attack has always been very intelligent, so that goes without saying!
When will you be announcing your marriage to him, talk about going over top, He put in a very good performance but he ain't the superstar you keep praising
pedro

Post by pedro »

Wes wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:So it raises a few questions actually - (correct me if im wrong on any of this) Rads said that Wigan came in really good contract for Sam to try and keep him - this must have been after the Cats offer because he mentioned how it made the decision harder.

Some here are suggesting ZH was tied up prior to Sams future being confirmed?, so what if Sam had said yes does that mean we would of had both ZH and ST or we would of ditched the idea of signing ZH?
From what I have been told Zak has replaced FPN in the salary stakes so we could have had both.

My opinion is why would Sam want to leave knowing Zak was in the cross hairs? Well maybe that would have cemented Sam as a half and he really doesn’t want to play there!

Also ain’t it funny how Sams form picked up given that some state he knew he wasn’t gettting his fourth year?! ???? Who’s taking the P out of who?!
to be fair hes been good all year, he said its his first proper pre season in tears due to injury and internationals
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Williams "superb"? I must have missed that. It was a great team performance in which many players outshone Williams. IMO now that the Tomkins situation is resolved Williams will be under the spotlight. He is nowhere near delivering performances worthy of marquee status. Sam was great today but was that a marquee performance? I'm not sure but it was way better than Williams' IMO.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

jinkin jimmy wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote:
DaveO wrote: Well Exiled I have to say you have excelled yourself there. I think only you could twist that performance from Sam T into a negative comment regarding him. Where you willing him to have a poor game?
Williams "superb"? I must have missed that. It was a great team performance in which many players outshone Williams. IMO now that the Tomkins situation is resolved Williams will be under the spotlight. He is nowhere near delivering performances worthy of marquee status. Sam was great today but was that a marquee performance? I'm not sure but it was way better than Williams' IMO.
My opinion was based on the key moments. I was looking at the tries we scored. Williams was central to most of them, either passing, kicking or running. It is just my opinion of course, but take another look at who did what for the points we scored. Frankly, we had 17 great players today, so it's all good.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Credit where credit is due, that was the best performance from Sam Tomkins for years. Well done ????????
If he continues in this form Catalan will be very unlucky if they don’t improve their position in SL
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan