Warriors Trio Agree New Contracts!!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Re: Warriors Trio Agree Ne...

Post by ancientnloyal »

I know of simon bissell who was in the champions U21 team 2 years ago... Millward basically told a lot of them to go so he did...

He moved onto Batley for slightly better money being part time he has University and a part time job where I work just I suppose to kepe money coming in. This season he's at Keighley where he has the #8 shirt to himself and having quite rave reviews in the weekly papers and from the club... which is promising. Whether he would have made it into wigans first team is a different matter but it shows that young talent may only get as high as part time roles due to wages etc...

think he's being a teacher when he finishes uni this summer.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Kol

Re: Warriors Trio Agree New Co...

Post by Kol »

Great News
No one is to stone anybody until I blow this whistle!
jayde_hates_longy

Post by jayde_hates_longy »

Prescott will be with us next season!

Jayde_hates_longy

Jade...dear
Alex...Darling
R.I.P mike gregory xxxx
true wigan ledgend !!!!

Cummmm on wigaaaaaaaaaan!!

SL CHAMPS 2008

DIRTY FUCKIN SCOUSE WANKERS :)
xxxxxxxxxxxx
Likely_Lad

Post by Likely_Lad »

ancientnloyal posted:
I know of simon bissell who was in the champions U21 team 2 years ago... Millward basically told a lot of them to go so he did...

He moved onto Batley for slightly better money being part time he has University and a part time job where I work just I suppose to kepe money coming in. This season he's at Keighley where he has the #8 shirt to himself and having quite rave reviews in the weekly papers and from the club... which is promising. Whether he would have made it into wigans first team is a different matter but it shows that young talent may only get as high as part time roles due to wages etc...

Sorry if he's a mate of yours but I remember watching him a fair few times in the academy and he was never going to make it. He's a big lad but as well all know it takes more than that to make it as a top class prop. He lacks aggression (or did anyway) and was never a fantastic tackler.
The poster formerly knows as Wizard_Millward.

I wasn't as fit or strong as before but my two biggest muscles still worked - my heart and my head - Kris Radlinski.
The King

Post by The King »

Players like Tomkins will be another year older and will want to start earning a pro sportsman's wage while they can so whenever their contract expires they have a tough choice. Stick at Wigan on a pittance or move on to a less fashionable club for more dosh.
Tomkins is already on a ridiculously huge contract due to Millward and will have to take a big pay reduction if he wants to stay at the club when his contract is up.[/quote]
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Likely_Lad posted:
ancientnloyal posted:

Sorry if he's a mate of yours but I remember watching him a fair few times in the academy and he was never going to make it. He's a big lad but as well all know it takes more than that to make it as a top class prop. He lacks aggression (or did anyway) and was never a fantastic tackler.
its ok likely lad... i never said he should have made it into the Wigan first team just that lads with potential (especially like a wigan academy player) have other priorities in life and theres probably not much on offer to most of the lads. Ive heard similar stories on quite a number of ex-U21s who had to quickly make up their minds and give up rugby because of the lack of commitement given to them and the lack of money (decent money for their standards) on offer.

I dont know first hand how good an academy is but it seems the salary cap from afar is strangling some players with potential in all divisions..

it's just nice to hear that some do make it up the ranks and get first team contracts
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame