How good was Lockers :) ;)

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Joanne2809

Re: How good was Lockers :) ;)

Post by Joanne2809 »

Last week he got slated on this message board....and I defended him....He played out of his skin today, he was awesome...one penalty yeah, so what we won and beat one of the favourites for the cup....who's having bets we get Stains in the draw ????? We will wait and see........WEMBLEY,WEMBLEY we're the famous Wigan rugby and we're going to wembley...Bloody hope so !!!!!!!!
Joanne2809

Re: How good was Lockers :...

Post by Joanne2809 »

GOOD FOR YOU OAM....you did slate him last week, but good to see that you give the lad well deserved praise !!! :D :D :D :D
phibes

Post by phibes »

I think O'Loughlin's defensive game yesterday made up for his mistakes (running out of touch early in the game) or the head-shot later on. People should remember that a fair number of his hits are full-body-contact/man-and-ball tackles, which must be exhausting to do for the whole game.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I thought the in touch should have been a penalty to Wigan. It looked as if he stayed in play and then the Leeds player made a second effort. It was certainly not one continuous tackle.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

So who is this week's scapegoat? Higham???
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

He was the poorer of the 2 hookers today. But then again thats the only bad game hes had this season. Some of his passing was rather high on a few occasions.

jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

pieater-alex posted:
wiganstripleL posted:
dont agree with any of that.. he scored a good try but apart from that he gave away to many penalties every tackle he made he went to take the guys head off!!
He gave 1 penalty away and was immense in defense.

Some fans are never happy :conf:
He deliberately hit Donald high and deliberately took Burrow out on our line - and could well have saved tries by doing so. He walked a thin line IMO and could have been binned for either.

I was ranting at him for the stupid run to the touchline early on resulting in a Leeds scrum. CPWigan may be correct in that it should have been a penalty but he should never have got himself into that situation.

Overall though, having watched the replay 3 times he was very good, particularly his tackling stint in the closing stages.
turf

Post by turf »

At one point, Ashton was playing in O'Loughlins position wasn't he?!?!

At one scrum, in the 1st half I think it was, you could clearly hear Bentham say to him, "Chris Ashton get your head in".

Two points here:

Point number one is, what the heck was he doing in that position, and point number two, what was he doing packing down in the scrum?

Mind you he's big enough and (looking like it) stocky/chubby enough to be in that position.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Putting a back in at loose forward when defending scrums is common place these days. Back rowers that are fast enough have better 1 v 1 tackling techniques and can tackle the likes of Senior far easier.
turf

Post by turf »

I do not understand cpwigan.

If you mean that Ashton was put in that position to improve his 1 v 1 defence it CERTAINLY worked, as he was outstanding I thought in that department yesterday.

He saved at least TWO tries.

The question we have to ask is had Whithers been playing, would HE have saved those two tries that Ashton saved yesterday?