ganson ill !!!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Re: ganson ill

Post by GeoffN »

turf posted:
Or was it Leeds at the JJB last year when they had a last minute try chalked off.
Nope.

We only played them once at the JJB, Silverwood was the ref, and anyway that was before the Bradford game.
turf

Post by turf »

My apologies then.

Wasn't Ronnie Laughton the referee who we had at Knowsley Road once and he gave about 30 odd penalties and we lost heavily.

Something like 50 - 22??????????
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

turf posted:
My apologies then.

Wasn't Ronnie Laughton the referee who we had at Knowsley Road once and he gave about 30 odd penalties and we lost heavily.

Something like 50 - 22??????????
Don't remember that one, though you could be right. He has reffed us at KR, I think, maybe a couple of years ago...I'd need to check,(but not tonight, too much beer!) but soon after the 75-0 game?
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Shall we send Steve a card from the message board? :D I have his address so we could post it to him! lol

I can't remember the last time we had Ron Laughton, but I thought it was two plus years ago. I certainly don't remember seeing him last year (which means it could have been Bradford, but I don't think so).
Nine

Post by Nine »

I think a Get Well card containing a bit of banter is a great idea. But if we are going to do one I hope the comments stay on the banter side and don't stray into abuse, though. On a serious note, glandular fever can be a serious illness, especially in adults.

I had it when I was a nipper, but luckily only mildly, and I was off school for two weeks.
Squad number 18!
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

robjoenz posted:
Shall we send Steve a card from the message board? :D I have his address so we could post it to him! lol

I can't remember the last time we had Ron Laughton, but I thought it was two plus years ago. I certainly don't remember seeing him last year (which means it could have been Bradford, but I don't think so).
ill pass on to you rob 2 morrow
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Im confused this morning. Apparently my uncle said he's 4th referee tonight but his name isnt mentioned on the RFL website unless its a late change. :conf:
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Bear

Post by Bear »

ancientnloyal posted:
Im confused this morning. Apparently my uncle said he's 4th referee:conf:
OH MY GOD!!!!! PLEASE NO!!! IT CANNOT BE HAPPENING!
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

He did well doing Leeds Akkies lol.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

ancientnloyal posted:
Im confused this morning. Apparently my uncle said he's 4th referee tonight but his name isnt mentioned on the RFL website unless its a late change. :conf:
They normally update the website quite effectively, I got appointed a game last Thursday morning and they updated it before the game Thursday evening. The RR is Matt Thomason.