Re: Protest after the Leeds ma...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Protest after the Leed...

Post by cpwigan »

I find it hard Jimmy being around in the good days under ML. Now I think he is too old to cut it. I do think though that anybody working under Whelan is merely a puppet.
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

ML has already screwed the club over once and had us in debt although I would like whelan to own us but with a new chairman. Whelan wouldnt get rid of us because of the profit we make. But MO is just a puffter pillock.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
and won the championship in may.
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

warrior till i die posted:
ML has already screwed the club over once and had us in debt although I would like whelan to own us but with a new chairman. Whelan wouldnt get rid of us because of the profit we make. But MO is just a puffter pillock.

"puffter pillock".. :D iv neveheard that one!!! its describes him to a tee though!
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

standishwarrior posted:
warrior till i die posted:

"puffter pillock".. :D iv neveheard that one!!! its describes him to a tee though!
Exactly! It speaks volumes of him though when he said to a fellow fan dont blame me blame the rfl! hes the chairman! who are we going to blame? And then he responded that he wasnt good at maths. is it me or was our homosexual chairman once a bookmaker?
ancient and loyal upon my chest

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
and won the championship in may.
fitzy

Post by fitzy »

I remember that fan telling us about him not being good with money if he's the chairman he has to be good with money it's stupid :angry:
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Just a quick question...

Last season we were in dire troubles - a coach that was obsessed with playing a team sheet version of musical chairs, injuries and under performing players.

Had we not signed Fielden and Dobson last year I have very little doubt that we would now be playing in NL1 IF we broke the cap last year; it was only to save our SL existence - would people have preferred us to be relegated? What ever the club did, they either clearly believed that they have not broken any rules - hence pleading "not guilty" or they did it to save the club from relegation - whilst it is not ideal - they probably made the right decision.

Anyway; all of this is pointless until the hearing - if you want to protest wait until we're proven guilty. Or better yet; wait until the stains are found guilty and then bombard the RFL with letters saying how it is unfair to let a team buy the SL title.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

pieater-alex posted:

But whose fault was it we were in a relegation battle?

Millward? Then who signed Millward?

It all comes back to lindsay one way or another.
That is ridiculous.

Dave
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
I dont think we will get any points took of us :)
your in 4 a big big shock then
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Matthew posted:
Just a quick question...

Last season we were in dire troubles - a coach that was obsessed with playing a team sheet version of musical chairs, injuries and under performing players.

Had we not signed Fielden and Dobson last year I have very little doubt that we would now be playing in NL1 IF we broke the cap last year; it was only to save our SL existence - would people have preferred us to be relegated? What ever the club did, they either clearly believed that they have not broken any rules - hence pleading "not guilty" or they did it to save the club from relegation - whilst it is not ideal - they probably made the right decision.

Anyway; all of this is pointless until the hearing - if you want to protest wait until we're proven guilty. Or better yet; wait until the stains are found guilty and then bombard the RFL with letters saying how it is unfair to let a team buy the SL title.
id soner be relegated with my head held high knowing i had played by the rules of the game

SCRAP THE CAP
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

pieater-alex posted:

But whose fault was it we were in a relegation battle?

Millward? Then who signed Millward?

It all comes back to lindsay one way or another.

I wasn't signalling a protest as such just wanted people's opinions seems pretty clear that we should wait until the verdict which is fair enough.

I think we're only delaying it but fine we'll wait.
I don't think that it is cut and dry that it is ML's fault. That is not to say that I think that he is blameless - and he has made some awful mistakes (DV being a prime example as was the way that Farrell's departure was handled).

I don't see how anyone could have predicted that Millward would make such a complete mess of things - for a coach that had won SL to nearly get us relegated is almost soap opera like.

We had a very bad run of injuries and several senior players left - which left us with a weakened squad in transition. Poor direction from coach and management (ML included) did the rest

Whilst I am very disappointed with the way Wigan have performed over the last few years; who would you have to replace ML? If you know of someone then I am more than happy to support you - however most of the rhetoric is soccer like in it's intensity - it's ML out at any cost. I don't see how getting rid of ML would suddenly solve the problems that we have the cap. Whilst Nobby taking over saved us from relegation - it was Nobby that signed Withers and Millard; two signings that have been less than successful and were not popular with the Wigan fans.

I am sure that being the chairman of the highest profile club in RL is a little more complicated than it looks. Whilst we may have had problems on the pitch; the club is actually profitable; something that not all of our currently more successful rivals can boast
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds