Coley confirmed

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
lancaster077

Re: Coley confirmed

Post by lancaster077 »

Well people are moaning whether he is a prop or a secon row and if hes going to be a prop then he needs to be at least 18 stone because the same people are saying that Fielden is too light (17 stone)to be a prop and sould go to the second row.

This is were we are not good enough as Prescott and O'Caroll are too light.Thus no impact of the bench.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Start a list of props over 18 stone and it will be a very short list! Rauhihi, Leikvoll (sp), Feca and Vagana - any others?
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

lancaster077 posted:
Well people are moaning whether he is a prop or a secon row and if hes going to be a prop then he needs to be at least 18 stone because the same people are saying that Fielden is too light (17 stone)to be a prop and sould go to the second row.

This is were we are not good enough as Prescott and O'Caroll are too light.Thus no impact of the bench.
I think you can accuse Coley of many things, but saying that he's not big enough sounds like you're scraping around for reasons not to like him.

He's a big unit. That's one thing we can't complain about.
jimmybob2006

Post by jimmybob2006 »

Coley will prove all the doubters wrong he is a good signing.he will perform hell of lot better under
Noble. Saying that because he played for salford makes inferior than some of our forwards, did not these same players before fielden and noble came took us to the brink of relegation.
We maybe a big club and best supported but with the salary cap we on a level playing field with others and can't command the top players to come.Leave it to Nobby, this next year will be his test
lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

I am not looking for excuses not to like him how silly.
All i am saying is that people are saying that Fielden is NOT A PROP because he is too light but hang on hes the same size as Fielden is he not?

So according to you lot if Fielden is too light then so is Coley so i suggested he put a bit of weight on to stop the moaners and doubters.

Hes a Wigan player but the penalties need to stop am i right in saying that?
pedro

Post by pedro »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Start a list of props over 18 stone and it will be a very short list! Rauhihi, Leikvoll (sp), Feca and Vagana - any others?
in SL alone....

Darrell Griffin

There are about 5 at 17st 9

So thats is quite a shortlist your are right
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Intersting to hear what MO said that there is still signings in the pipeline and the work goes on even though he is stepping down.Wonder whose signings they are MO'S or Leneghans????
Welski

Post by Welski »

Lets hope he doesnt end up like a fish out of water. :wink:
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Welski posted:
Lets hope he doesnt end up like a fish out of water. :wink:
Good gag :roll:
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

pieater-alex posted:
For me Bailey wont be moved to second row I think we signed him as a centre and he will remain a centre. I think Hock and Hansen should start with Coley coming off the bench.
Regarding Bailey I believe this to be the case following on from the comments reported from Noble at the Riversiders.

If what you say is correct regarding Coley he is a direct replacement for Fletcher but he is not as good.

If he is to be an out and out prop then that is no good either. The general consensus seems to be he runs out wide and is not a hard yard man up the middle.

So of the two scenarios I hope he is Fletcher's replacement as it is the lesser of two evils which means....
We still need a prop , centre , fullback.
...and if we don't get one our pack will be worse than this seasons.

Dave