Everyone watching RU?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warriors10

Re: Everyone watching RU?

Post by warriors10 »

:angry: you shouldnt even be allowed to call yourself english
you support your country no matter what the sport
sad person
Eaststander

Post by Eaststander »

warriors10 posted:
sad person
That aimed at me?
WHY should we watch a sport we don't like just because england are playing? My uncle died in the war for his country aged 19..My dad fought too.. you can't get more english than that!!!
And for your information I am not *sad*
WIGAN TILL I DIE
Bear

Post by Bear »

Well i was sad enough to stay in all afternoon watching: Mersyside derby then Rugby League then Rugby union then match of the day :lol:
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Well I watched the final at Chester RUFC on the big screen where my son plays in the under 14's. There is no RL around here!

Had they not had it on the big screen I doubt I would have watched it at all because despite the fact my son plays the game (and of course I watch him play) I find RU very boring compared to league. But since it was being shown in the club house it was a excuse to drink lots of beer! Lots of people there and a great atmosphere.

That made it bearable because the game itself was pretty dire. It was exciting in one sense only and that is it remained a close game. The way the game was played was awful as a spectacle and it really was "kick and clap".

They showed the All Golds v Northern Union game beforehand and that was much more entertaining.

From my point of view when England lost it was "Oh well, where's me pint" whereas had GB RL lost a WC final with a disallowed try like that I would be seething for weeks.

This thing is mini and junior RU is quite different than the senior game although the older you get the closer it becomes. It was only two years ago (I think) that it went up to 15 players a side. They still don't do that stupid lifting in the line out (although Welsh teams in this age group do) and kicking in general play is discouraged in favour of passing the ball. So it's quite entertaining to watch compared to the senior game.

So when you watch games like last nights final you wonder where it all goes wrong along the way to end up with a game that is played like that.

From my perspective I wanted England to win because they are England but since they didn't I certainly won't be losing any sleep over it compared to a loss for Wigan or GB RL.

Dave

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

butt monkey posted:
- psycho - posted:
GeoffN posted:
not a single try.
wigan vs manly anyone?
England have just brought all the opposition down to their level, rather than playing to a higher degree of quality and performance, needed to win such competitions.

Hence the boring teams deserved to lose - no matter which Countries they come from.
In which case SA deserved to lose the final. All their points came from England errors and it was only England who got over the line for a try that was disallowed. SA created nothing.

In fact SA have played this percentage game all through the tournament after the first game V England. It is equally as boring a game as England are often criticised for playing.

Dave
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Morph posted:
fly fishing!!
Now your talking!
Talking of which when we going pal :D
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

warriors10 posted:
What gives you the rite to say that, you may well be less patriotic than many on here its a sport its not life and death .[/quote]
sad person
:lol: no.... no.... you are :eusa15:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

ancientnloyal posted:
9 guests, 6 members... saturday night

It truly is a sad, sad day for rugby league if that is the case

(im online researching by the way... social life is still in tact :) )
go support 1 of your junior clubs i love watching them thinking of doing a refferes course :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
warriors10

Post by warriors10 »

Eaststander posted:
warriors10 posted:
sad person
That aimed at me?
WHY should we watch a sport we don't like just because england are playing? My uncle died in the war for his country aged 19..My dad fought too.. you can't get more english than that!!!
And for your information I am not *sad*
Did you fight in any of these wars?
Eaststander

Post by Eaststander »

Well now you are just showing everyone what a to**er you are.
WIGAN TILL I DIE