Team for next season

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
butt monkey

Re: Team for next season

Post by butt monkey »

mano posted:
Were did i say there was no money left i said the club as not got much money until the 2009 season.
wigan wanted to sign 2 salford players 1 was a fullback salford offer him more money to STAY with them wigan could not match the offer.
The 2nd was a wing/centre wigan made him an offer and huddsfeild made him one as well thet offer him 25k more than wigan so far 7 players have turned wigan down due to the wages they are offering.
The money nobby as got he may use it on 1 big name or try and get 3 or 4 on the cheap that why 4 young players from the 21 will be in the 1st team sq next season
Wigan offered the first mentioned player a "pay as you play" contract, he remained at Salford on a Full-Time contract (which, because of his recent injury problems, was more than likely, advised to do).

As for the other, he approached Wigan, who were unwilling to offer more than HE felt he was worth. Wigan have probably (hopefully) already designated spending money on targeted players, so he would have been another unnecessary signing IMO.

As for the other promoted juniors, I would be disappointed if the like of McIlorrum and O'Carroll were NOT promoted.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
mano

Post by mano »

I am to old [47] to be playing in the 21s time will tell if i am wrong roll on the next few weeks.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

So - now is established, you are not a player of some kind. All you are, is (to some extent), one person (from a great many) with a minor capacity in the background of the overall running of the Wigan Warriors than!

What next can you deduce (Ala the, they didn't sign Fitzimmons or Hodgeson from Salford - so must have little money)- Wigan are racist based on them pulling out of the Chev Walker transfer??!! Because based on your original post - this appears to be your line of thinking.

I am sick of people "in the know" claiming to be knowledgeable of such details, and actually having nothing more than speculative guessing as there "inside information", that or reading forums or pub gossip as there entertainment!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

butt monkey posted:
So - now is established, you are not a player of some kind. All you are, is (to some extent), one person (from a great many) with a minor capacity in the background of the overall running of the Wigan Warriors than!

What next can you deduce (Ala the, they didn't sign Fitzimmons or Hodgeson from Salford - so must have little money)- Wigan are racist based on them pulling out of the Chev Walker transfer??!! Because based on your original post - this appears to be your line of thinking.

I am sick of people "in the know" claiming to be knowledgeable of such details, and actually having nothing more than speculative guessing as there "inside information", that or reading forums or pub gossip as there entertainment!
In general, I agree with you, but in mano's case, he's been proved right more often than not, so I'm more inclined to believe him than other rumour-posters!
mano

Post by mano »

butt monkey you would love to know what i know i could tell you thing that would my make your hair stand up i will let you read it all in NOBBY BOOK when it comes out.
pedro

Post by pedro »

I do...I do

butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

mano posted:
butt monkey you would love to know what i know i could tell you thing that would my make your hair stand up i will let you read it all in NOBBY BOOK when it comes out.
I have met various people who claim to "be in the know". Usually they are nothing more "grounding" than Astrologers, with their vague rumours and implied comments - never any hard actual facts.

It summed everything up, when you finished with the line "read it in Nobby's book". If it comes out tomorrow - rather than 3/4 years time when everything will have been forgotten/blown over, then this is useless.

I too, over the years, have heard lots of things, things that are supposed to be factual. I do not, and will never know for definite, whether these were ever true. Only that there "appears" to be elements of fact contained within the "Stories".

I wish my hair would stand on end! - Oh well soon be Halloween. I will let the local children do that!

Mother Feka

Post by Mother Feka »

well im guessing the squad will be something like this:

1. New Fullback (Brett Hodgson?)
2. Mark Calderwood
3. Phil Bailey
4. New Center (Matt Cooper?)
5. Pat Richards
6. Trent Barrett
7. Thomas Leuluai
8. Stuart Fielden
9. Mickey Higham
10. New Prop (Gareth Carvell?)
11. Gareth Hock
12. Harrison Hansen
13. Sean O'Loughlin

14. Andy Coley
15. Darrell Goulding
16. Mike Mcilorum (or new hooker - Mark Smith?)
17. Feka Palea'aesina

18. New Prop (Louie Mcarthy-Scarsbrook?)
19. Eamon O'Carroll
20. Paul Prescott
21. Liam Colbon
22. Joel Tomkins
23. Mark Flanagan
24. Thomas Coyle
25. Ben Kavanagh
26. Lee Mossopp
27. Nicky Stanton
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Mother Feka posted:
well im guessing the squad will be something like this:

1. New Fullback (Brett Hodgson?)
2. Mark Calderwood
3. Phil Bailey
4. New Center (Matt Cooper?)
5. Pat Richards
6. Trent Barrett
7. Thomas Leuluai
8. Stuart Fielden
9. Mickey Higham
10. New Prop (Gareth Carvell?)
11. Gareth Hock
12. Harrison Hansen
13. Sean O'Loughlin

14. Andy Coley
15. Darrell Goulding
16. Mike Mcilorum (or new hooker - Mark Smith?)
17. Feka Palea'aesina

18. New Prop (Louie Mcarthy-Scarsbrook?)
19. Eamon O'Carroll
20. Paul Prescott
21. Liam Colbon
22. Joel Tomkins
23. Mark Flanagan
24. Thomas Coyle
25. Ben Kavanagh
26. Lee Mossopp
27. Nicky Stanton

Not with only 140k to spend they wont.
mano