Request to moderators.

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Bear

Re: Request to moderators.

Post by Bear »

Geoff. This is diffrent to the saints pictures totally.
This is a "mock" if you like on the creator of the world.
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Bear posted:
No, it's mocking what some people believe (against all the evidence) is the creator of the world.

Why should their delusions be given any more respect than any others?

If God (not the poster on here, the imaginary guy in the sky) does in fact exist, let "Him" complain personally! I won't hold my breath.

I hold sincere beliefs that muppets created the world, and Fraggle is mocking those beliefs...what's the difference?

Also, Mike's avatar mocks my belief that Homer Simpson is the son of god (although, of course, it's true that the son of god would wear a Wigan shirt).
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

wat was there before god? how did god form? thats what i can't get to. if the world was created by this almighty god, then how was he created in nothingness!?
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

pieater-alex posted:
I have no problem with him having the username " god " but if he's taking the wee then I do.

If I came on here and called myself Allah and started taking the wee out of Muslims it would be deemed rascist and no doubt I would get a lot of abuse and most likely banned off the forum.

So IF this guy is taking the wee out of a religion then I believe he should be banned , if he just has the name god and is causing no harm i.e taking the mick then fair enough

All in my opinion though don't have to agree.
much better :D
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

GeoffN posted:
Bear posted:
No, it's mocking what some people believe (against all the evidence) is the creator of the world.

Why should their delusions be given any more respect than any others?
What "delusions" of anyone else are being mocked? I can't see anyone else's avatar offending anyone in that way. If they were wouldn't they have an equal right to complain?

If people want to discuss religion in the off topic forum that is fine by me and if HC got offended by such discussions then that is just hard lines.

I still don't see why anyone has to put up with something offensive elsewhere whatever it is.
I hold sincere beliefs that muppets created the world, and Fraggle is mocking those beliefs...what's the difference?

Also, Mike's avatar mocks my belief that Homer Simpson is the son of god (although, of course, it's true that the son of god would wear a Wigan shirt).
The difference is of course you don't believe any of that and aren't offended by any of it.

As far as I can tell the majority of avatars and user names are not designed to be offensive. The "God" one may not have been either but the fact it is to someone doesn't mean that fact should be ignored because you don't agree with religion.

Dave
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

pieater-alex posted:
I have no problem with him having the username " god " but if he's taking the p!$$ then I do.

If I came on here and called myself Allah and started taking the p!$$ out of Muslims it would be deemed rascist and no doubt I would get a lot of abuse and most likely banned off the forum.

So IF this guy is taking the p!$$ out of a religion thenI believe he should be banned , if he just has the name god and is causing no harm i.e taking the mick then fair enough I agree he should be warned from a mod and if it continues banned.

All in my opnion though don't have to agree.
Taking the p out of Muslims is OK, nothing racist about it - it's a religion, not a race.

Mind you, they typically take a stronger view against being mocked than other religions do; you might find them flying a plane into your house!

Again; why is taking the p out of a religion seen as any different from taking the p out of anyone else for any other reason? Why should they get special treatment and immunity from p-taking?

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

pieater-alex posted:
Religions shouldn't have special treatment your right , but you'll find people are more pationate (sp) about a religion than they are someone calling them names or something like that.
But just because they're more passionate about it doesn't mean we should bow down to their every demand.

If, say, a feminist came on and complained about Mike Binder's lovely avatar, or a Saints fan complained about feka'sjockstrap's highly amusing "shirts" avatar (which is clearly, and legitimately, designed to offend them!), would there be as much fuss?

No, just because it's to do with a religion, they feel they deserve special treatment.

Just let them keep their delusions to themselves.

And yes, it should be moved to "off-topic"!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

lol is this thread not conclusive proof that all religion does is cause war! lol :blush:
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

"Taking the p out of Muslims is OK, nothing racist about it - it's a religion, not a race. "

haha Thats brilliant. Islam is the religion muslims are the people!!!
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

W1GANER

Post by W1GANER »

GeoffN posted:
pieater-alex posted:
I have no problem with him having the username " god " but if he's taking the p!$$ then I do.

If I came on here and called myself Allah and started taking the p!$$ out of Muslims it would be deemed rascist and no doubt I would get a lot of abuse and most likely banned off the forum.

So IF this guy is taking the p!$$ out of a religion thenI believe he should be banned , if he just has the name god and is causing no harm i.e taking the mick then fair enough I agree he should be warned from a mod and if it continues banned.

All in my opnion though don't have to agree.
Taking the p out of Muslims is OK, nothing racist about it - it's a religion, not a race.

Mind you, they typically take a stronger view against being mocked than other religions do; you might find them flying a plane into your house!
Again; why is taking the p out of a religion seen as any different from taking the p out of anyone else for any other reason? Why should they get special treatment and immunity from p-taking?
Sorry, but this is bordering being a racist remark. I would be VERY carful what you say GeoffN.
You could get into a lot of trouble for that remark.