Lenegan has has denies Mason talks!

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
jaws1

Re: Lenegan has has denies...

Post by jaws1 »

ddtftf posted:
I like Dave

Ps Barret was signed before the appointment of Millward

Correct me if im wrong i thought Barrett signed after NOBBY came but i think the groundwork was done beforehand ie Millward,Mo
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

DaveO posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:
But that was Millward who was given free reign by Mo because that is what the fans wanted.
Dave you really must stop peddling your theories as facts. Do you really want people to believe that Mo granted Millward free rein, and that this happened because the fans wished it so?

Have you met or spoken to either individual? I have (in 1 case on very many occasions) and I am in a position to tell you that Millward was not given free rein by Mo. For instance, he was prevented from replacing both Orr and Moran by MO personally. I know this as a fact from one of those involved.
You know what Millward told you.
Where do your "facts" come from?
Statements made by Mo (and DW as well if I recall correctly ) to the press. They stated Millward would have a free hand over team recruitment. They made quite a point over this. I chose to believe what they said as I had no reason to think otherwise and some of the signings made in particular the Newton/ Higham deal reinforced the view that Millward was calling the shots.

As to it being because the fans wanted this then I certainly believe Mo in particular was someone who reacted to the fans opinion. All chairman do to varying degrees. For example IL has been upfront in my opinion because he sees this is what the fans want.
With regard to signings from lower leagues, these were all brought on by an injury crisis mid season. When Millward had time to prepare in the close season the results were Higham, Richards, Feca and eventually Barrett.
I have no reason to doubt what you say about what Millward told you with regards to Moran and Orr but even if we assume he was telling the truth, there is a big difference between getting rid of contracted players compared to signing new ones. The fact remains he signed the lower league players and Mo let him do so.
By all means you are free to criticise and give your opinion but for some reason you present your theories as facts. If you can actually prove this to be the case I will be the first to apologise.
My opinion Millward was given a free hand is based on statements made by Mo and DW at the time he was appointed and based on the players he signed such as replacing Newton with Higham. Higham was clearly a Millward favourite and the club went through that musical chairs transfer deal to get him for the coach.

I also think everyone has a realistic notion of what being given a free hand really means in that the chairman will have a final say on things, such as the Moran and Orr situation. I certainly do not think any coach is given a free hind in the literal sense but that with the appointment of Millward it became the coach who chose the players he wanted to get into the side as opposed to be being given a team by Mo to coach. Whether every request Millward made was granted I doubt but I do believe the players we did get were the ones he asked for.

Dave
Typical long winded tripe. Have you got nothing else to do?

Irrespective of your response my initial point is still valid. You deliberately portray your opinions as facts. The way you worded the bit about Mo giving Basil free rein "because that's what we all wanted" says it all.

BTW apologies if your response wasn't actually tripe. I haven't read it all but am basing my assumption off previous submissions.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jinkin jimmy posted:
DaveO posted:
jinkin jimmy posted: Dave you really must stop peddling your theories as facts. Do you really want people to believe that Mo granted Millward free rein, and that this happened because the fans wished it so?

Have you met or spoken to either individual? I have (in 1 case on very many occasions) and I am in a position to tell you that Millward was not given free rein by Mo. For instance, he was prevented from replacing both Orr and Moran by MO personally. I know this as a fact from one of those involved.
You know what Millward told you.
Where do your "facts" come from?
Statements made by Mo (and DW as well if I recall correctly ) to the press. They stated Millward would have a free hand over team recruitment. They made quite a point over this. I chose to believe what they said as I had no reason to think otherwise and some of the signings made in particular the Newton/ Higham deal reinforced the view that Millward was calling the shots.

As to it being because the fans wanted this then I certainly believe Mo in particular was someone who reacted to the fans opinion. All chairman do to varying degrees. For example IL has been upfront in my opinion because he sees this is what the fans want.
With regard to signings from lower leagues, these were all brought on by an injury crisis mid season. When Millward had time to prepare in the close season the results were Higham, Richards, Feca and eventually Barrett.
I have no reason to doubt what you say about what Millward told you with regards to Moran and Orr but even if we assume he was telling the truth, there is a big difference between getting rid of contracted players compared to signing new ones. The fact remains he signed the lower league players and Mo let him do so.
By all means you are free to criticise and give your opinion but for some reason you present your theories as facts. If you can actually prove this to be the case I will be the first to apologise.
My opinion Millward was given a free hand is based on statements made by Mo and DW at the time he was appointed and based on the players he signed such as replacing Newton with Higham. Higham was clearly a Millward favourite and the club went through that musical chairs transfer deal to get him for the coach.

I also think everyone has a realistic notion of what being given a free hand really means in that the chairman will have a final say on things, such as the Moran and Orr situation. I certainly do not think any coach is given a free hind in the literal sense but that with the appointment of Millward it became the coach who chose the players he wanted to get into the side as opposed to be being given a team by Mo to coach. Whether every request Millward made was granted I doubt but I do believe the players we did get were the ones he asked for.

Dave
Typical long winded tripe. Have you got nothing else to do?

Irrespective of your response my initial point is still valid. You deliberately portray your opinions as facts. The way you worded the bit about Mo giving Basil free rein "because that's what we all wanted" says it all.

BTW apologies if your response wasn't actually tripe. I haven't read it all but am basing my assumption off previous submissions.
And a typical rude response from yourself.

Dave
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

You bring it on yourself Dave. Tone down the arrogance a bit and you might earn some respect. :doz:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jinkin jimmy posted:
You bring it on yourself Dave. Tone down the arrogance a bit and you might earn some respect. :doz:
You might try taking your own advice.

Dave
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Come on Dave, we all love you really. But not as much as I love my dog. ( I went to jail for loving my dog)
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

ddtftf posted:
Come on Dave, we all love you really. But not as much as I love my dog. ( I went to jail for loving my dog)
are you the guy from Haigh Hall who 'tapped-up' a dog then?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

ddtftf posted:
So your Leon Pryce's dad that explains it. Cause he os an ugly looking sod. You should be ashamed of yourself. :angry: