Hill to Widnes - possible new prop

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Hill to Widnes - possi...

Post by cpwigan »

Hutch who is not very good is going to Doncaster by all accounts.

Hill was very poor and IMO had a big time charlie attitude. Watching guys play academy level tells you a lot more about them as people IMO. He was a shithouse when he played. Cheap shots on opponents and refusing to listen to calls from team mates. Seemed more interested in looking the part and not clever enough to develop skills. Hence, he rarely if ever broke a tackle even at 21s level. We have better players coming through.

Personally I would love another prop forward. However, they have to be quality. If they are not we are better giving Eamon and Prescott opportunities to develop and maybe come through.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wigan_forever19 85 posted:
but you not remember the No More Props statement by Lenagan?, i hope im wrong and they have just found they have more left in the kitty than they thought but i have a feeling that the feka incident and this move are linked
2 + 2 = 5? You have no way of knowing if Hill going is linked to anything never mind Feka's troubles.

Why can't it just be he has gone for simple playing reasons? Why the conspiracy theories?

In any case it would be stupid to get rid of a player before the outcome of the Feka situation is known.

Suppose Feka gets off? The club getting rid of someone on the assumption one of their players is guilty of a crime is a bizarre idea.

Dave
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

adrenalinxx posted:
The article in the WEP suggest that Wigan are looking for a second row to replace fletcher but I think if Wigan want to replace Fletcher they need to look for another prop since Fletcher spent most of his time last season playing as an extra prop.

Well that's because we had not got enough props. In an ideal world Fletcher would have stayed in the 2nd row.
Second row isn't a position were Wigan have too many problems;

- Hock is an outstanding player when he is on form.

-Hansen improved a lot in attack last season and his defence has always need excellent.

- Bailey is a very good second row, if Goulding finds form next season then Bailey could make a permanent
switch to second row.
And if he does we only have two centres, Carmont and Goulding.

We either have three centres and two 2nd rows, or three 2nd rows and two centres. One of those positions is therefore vulnerable to injury leaving us a man short.

With Carmont signed we are in a better position to juggle things about than we were last week but in an ideal world we'd have three of each position.

The problem is we will be playing Coley as a prop. That means he could not be Fletcher's direct replacement in the 2nd row.

So if we signed an experienced prop we could have three 2nd rows, Coley, Hock and Hansen and three centres Bailey, Carmont and Goulding.
- Tomkins very talent young player, his spell in the National League should have toughen him up a bit so he can prove cover if needed.
Tomkins will provide cover no doubt but the addition of a prop gives us depth in the props, 2nd rows and centres all with experience.

Dave
andybailey147

Post by andybailey147 »

its the centres we look thin
right cross

Post by right cross »

daveo if feka gets charged he will be replaced ,no doubt whatsoever .
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

right cross posted:
He has already been charged. IMO he will get replaced if convicted and sent to prison. Anything other than a custodial sentence and I don't think the club is in a position to come down that hard on him.

Dave
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

DaveO posted:
adrenalinxx posted:
The article in the WEP suggest that Wigan are looking for a second row to replace fletcher but I think if Wigan want to replace Fletcher they need to look for another prop since Fletcher spent most of his time last season playing as an extra prop.

Well that's because we had not got enough props. In an ideal world Fletcher would have stayed in the 2nd row.
Second row isn't a position were Wigan have too many problems;

- Hock is an outstanding player when he is on form.

-Hansen improved a lot in attack last season and his defence has always need excellent.

- Bailey is a very good second row, if Goulding finds form next season then Bailey could make a permanent
switch to second row.
And if he does we only have two centres, Carmont and Goulding.

We either have three centres and two 2nd rows, or three 2nd rows and two centres. One of those positions is therefore vulnerable to injury leaving us a man short.

With Carmont signed we are in a better position to juggle things about than we were last week but in an ideal world we'd have three of each position.

The problem is we will be playing Coley as a prop. That means he could not be Fletcher's direct replacement in the 2nd row.

So if we signed an experienced prop we could have three 2nd rows, Coley, Hock and Hansen and three centres Bailey, Carmont and Goulding.
- Tomkins very talent young player, his spell in the National League should have toughen him up a bit so he can prove cover if needed.
Tomkins will provide cover no doubt but the addition of a prop gives us depth in the props, 2nd rows and centres all with experience.

Dave
the only thing i disagree with you on is where to play bailey. why not put him in 2nd row as fletchers replacement, imo thats his natural position.and bring in another centre?
Bear

Post by Bear »

If this hasnt been already posted he has now signed for widnes
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
ince warrior

Post by ince warrior »

DaveO posted:
right cross posted:
He has already been charged. IMO he will get replaced if convicted and sent to prison. Anything other than a custodial sentence and I don't think the club is in a position to come down that hard on him.
Dave
To be honest Dave I think they are, don't forget it isn't just Feka's name thats being dragged down, the club's name is being dragged through the mire because of this as well, and so in the club's position I would personally fine him (as he has already been charged) for bringing the club into disrepute or whatever they call it these days.

Anyway back on topic, I wasn't suggesting that we should offload Fielden or Feka to keep Hill, as that would (as the reaction was) be stupid. However I was looking from more of a financial viewpoint, and imagine who we could get with Fielden's wages. With his and Hill's salaries combined we could get 2 maybe 3 quality players, and that may prove to be more reliable than relying on Fielden to bounce back, because in my opinion (and I'm risking a good slating here but it's my view) I can see him having another stinker this year, since everyone seems to have found out about his "glass jaw" now, which showed last year, no opposition players seemed to fear him at all. If we keep him (which I've no doubt we will), I hope he picks it up though.
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGAN!!!

WRLFC & SCFC FOR LIFE!!!

WE HATE LATICS, SAINTS, MACCLESFIELD, BURNLEY, CITY, LEEDS, WIRE AND WREXHAM!!!!
Bear

Post by Bear »

I think we should give feilden one last go, new season, fresh start, been "mended" i think we should give him a try, i think all the fans should just get behind him as at the end of the day he is a wigan player.... How would you feel if you played for a club and the fans were calling you and saying sell you and they have no faith, just after he has been one bombed off mason and his mother died?
he hasnt played his best but its a fresh start isnt it. You never know. Alright we could get a better player who is on better form but what happens every time a player leaves wigan?
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!