Wigan New Signing Thread

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Hawkeye

Re: Wigan New Signing Thre...

Post by Hawkeye »

Well we all should know for tomorrow. i pray to the various gods :D
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

cpwigan posted:
Trust me Mano is no Turf
Talking of Turf were is he :eh:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

lucky 13 posted:
cpwigan posted:
Trust me Mano is no Turf
Talking of Turf were is he :eh:
Northampton?
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
GeoffN posted:
lucky 13 posted: Talking of Turf were is he :eh:
Northampton?
:lol: :lol:

No come on...this will get blocked, keep it on track. :)
So will we find out tomorrow who the new player is or Thursday they seem our days for announcing things :roll:
02/04/2010/

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
Nope :(
:eusa16: getting me at all this posting off topic I will try again deleting my other messages :lol: sent
02/04/2010/

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I think people are blowing things out of proportion. Doesn't matter if mano is right or wrong does it? It wont affect us in the slightest bit in real life whoever we sign. Everyone has or starts rumours, some spot-on, others not so... why cause a fuss?

I always wait until official sources state - but hearing it may not be karl pryce is interesting
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

its karl pryce 100% if not some 1 will get shot :wink:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Bear

Post by Bear »

Urself???? :lol: [/url]
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

I got tipped the wink a couple of weeks ago via my club contract with a strong implication it was going to be Pryce. I'm hoping to be chuffed.

From todays WEP:

Pryce may sign for Wigan Warriors

Wigan are closing in on Karl Pryce - the former Bradford centre is believed to be Warriors' next and final signing ahead of the 2008 Super League campaign.
The younger brother of St Helens and Great Britain stand-off Leon is currently on the books of Gloucester RU Club.
But there is wide speculation he's about to switch codes again – and that he will opt to take up an offer at the JJB Stadium alongside Brian Noble, his former coach at Odsal.

Warriors will have to pay compensation to Bradford – Bulls retained his rugby league registration when he joined Gloucester – but the fee is not believed to be a stumbling block.
Pryce was handed better terms by Gloucester to lure him away from Bradford and it is thought Wigan are now in negotiations to try to get Pryce into the club while staying within their salary cap boundary.
It is thought the player may even take a pay cut.

Owner Ian Lenagan has confirmed he has enough money left under the wages ceiling for one more signing.
He had £140,000 on salaries to spend when he took over the club last month, and has since swooped for former Leeds full-back Richie Mathers and centre George Carmont from Newcastle Knights.

Lenagan has said he wants to bring on board another outside back without breaking the bank – and Pryce seems to fit that bill.
The Warriors chairman has also said that he wants to recruit a young threequarter as a long-term investment and as Pryce is just 21 years old, the logic would seem to be stacking up.

Pryce signed for Gloucester at the end of the 2006 season, but his impact has been hampered by injury.
He broke his ankle in only his second game and has since struggled to break into the first team.
Last month, Gloucester coach Dean Ryan denied the player was set to leave, citing injury as the reason Pryce wasn't able to command a regular first-team place.

But Pryce has recently been allowed out on loan to National League One RU side Moseley.
Warriors need cover in the back line for injury victims Mark Calderwood and Mathers at the start of the season in February.

Wigan's home fixture against Leeds Rhinos – originally scheduled for Saturday, July 5 – has now been brought forward to Friday, July 4 (7.30pm).

The full article contains 401 words and appears in n/a newspaper.Last Updated: 18 December 2007 8:37 AM
DaveO

Re: Wigan New Signing Thread

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan posted:
Why has it been blocked :conf:
Given the content of the last several pages contained very little talk on actual new signings I would have thought it obvious.

The number if times I clicked that thread expecting to find some info or discussion about the new signing and just got some off-topic discussion instead started to get ridiculous.

Dave