Pryce signs

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Pryce signs

Post by cpwigan »

My opinion is the more the merrier and centre is going to be a hole because begind Goulding there is nothing coming through as regards centres.

Let's be honest, the backs look a lot healthier now than they did some time ago.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Well my friday night spent looking for suitable young aussie union players was worth it :D

Still glad about the signing he's got somthing to prove and i'm sure he'll do just that. well done IL

thomo

Post by thomo »

But what about the forwards
Barret needs a platform behind a go forward pack to release the backs
We are so light weight in the pack it is unbelieveable - totally shocking
Only three fist team props (one who should be a second rower) and very little power in the back three
I would tell them all to take a look at Karl Pryce and lets have Prescott, Hock, Hansen, Bailey and O'Carroll looking like that - give them a course of whatever he had
Bear

Post by Bear »

Thats what wigan have been lacking... A big fella out wide
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

God posted:
Awsome signing IMO and Noble will get the best out of him. No lazy days for him, with Bradford i thought he lacked motivation at times and he didnt have the right attitude.

This will not happen under Noble as i feel he will get the very best out of him.
You do realise that he was being coached by Noble at Bradford when he (Pryce) was supposed to lack motivation? So I am not sure why you would conclude it would be any different this time around.

That said I think this lack of motivation history is a bit of a myth. His try scoring record against appearances suggests to me he was involved plenty in the games he played.

Very pleased with the signing as I have long wanted a big block-busting centre.

That said I expect him to start on the wing to cover Calderwood's absence. What happens when Calderwood gets fit will be interesting. I'd prefer Pryce and Goulding to share the centre role with Calderwood back but we all know Nobby likes his big wing men.

Sharing the centre role would benefit Goulding IMO because as I have said previously I don't think he is ready for a full season as an 80 minute player.

Dave
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Hawkeye posted:
Well my friday night spent looking for suitable young aussie union players was worth it :D

Still glad about the signing he's got somthing to prove and i'm sure he'll do just that. well done IL
but hes british not aus looks like u waisted your time
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

mike binder posted:
Hawkeye posted:

but hes british not aus looks like u waisted your time

EXACTLY !!!!
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

fantatic signing am chuffed it takes the downer of going to work tonight that does......

wooohooooo im chuffed.... :D
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

shawcross da warrior posted:
fantatic signing am chuffed it takes the downer of going to work tonight that does......

wooohooooo im chuffed.... :D
no training???
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

pno pal im a brocketier ( work at brocket)

so i av to work 6 - 10 tongight....

its a shame ill miss seeing you freezing your balls off... :lol: