Thakray to leave leeds

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Panchitta Marra

Re: Thakray to leave leeds

Post by Panchitta Marra »

thomo posted:
I would be after him like a shot
Pay leeds a transfer fee and see if they will settle up on his contract - he wants to go and they want him off their books = transfer fees don't count on the salary cap!
Did Noble not give him a GB chance - think he can also play second row.
Offer him a cheap deal - if he wants to play he would take less money
Would also give Prescott and O'Carroll time to develop and would allow the option of bailey back in the centres due to injury situation
Go get him I say - but have been saying for a age the pack is a little light and we could do with four front line props
Thackarey is another bloke with a career full of injuries, I am sure he has broken the same arm 3 times. Good impact player nevertheless.
DaveO

Re: jamie thackray maybe

Post by DaveO »

lucky 13 posted:
Sure I read somewhere we had £40 grand left I know with the signings made it seems unlikely but then again looks like paying Price wont be counted on the cap :wink:
What do you mean by that? Price or Pryce? We know transfer fees don't count on the cap but wages do and Pryce won't be playing for free.

Dave
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

pieater-alex posted:
Ian Lenegan said in the Wigan reporter that we had space still left on the cap.

For me I would have a look - if he's on a reasonable wage - offer him a one year contract and an extension depending on how well he plays - it would bolster the squad in size , give us short term cover should h.

However the only downfall would be it would limit O'carrolls and Prescott's progression, unless we move Coley to the back row.
he will be ok :wink:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
thomo

Post by thomo »

Lets pure speculate but:

Thackery is on £80K a season - seems reasonable as I am sure at Leeds there are several players on a lot more.
If we signed him on at begining of Feb then is it nine or ten months that count on the cap. So only looking at a payment of £60K this year - he wants to move and is willing to take a pay cut - knock £10K off. Pay Leeds a transfer fee and they pay up half his contract (they want rid of him and it will free up some salary cap space for them) and we make up the difference - a salary cost of only £30 - £40K this year - can we squeeze thi out of anything left in the cap this year.
It is only a thought to generate discussion
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

thomo posted:
Pay Leeds a transfer fee
I thought transfer fees also counted on the salary cap?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
thomo

Post by thomo »

I was of the understanding that transfer fees didnot come under the cap - only payments to players did ie wages, signing on fees, bonus, appearance money.[/img][/url]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Fraggle posted:
thomo posted:
Pay Leeds a transfer fee
I thought transfer fees also counted on the salary cap?
Nope.
thomo

Post by thomo »

has there been any further rumours linking is with Thakray - any mention at the game today.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

in the League express today it states that IL had sent Nobby a message saying that Thackry was on the market, IL and Nobby were together at the friendly and nothing was mentioned, however IL stated that he thinks Thackery is a good player and who knows what might happen (or something along those lines)
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

rather have newton....