SS Bar

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Nine

Re: SS Bar

Post by Nine »

cpwigan posted:
Nine, I do not go into the bar etc but would it be fair to say regulars like yourself are more likely to get let in than others ? Just an hypothesis

Maybe the club should make it Season ticket Holders and Riversider membership or creat an SS members club
No, it's no different for me than anyone else. I was with my husband towards the front of the crowd when they closed it off. All we did to stay in with a chance was to wait politely instead of calling the man all "effing" names under the sun and then storming off in a huff, as one or two did.

I do have a pass but as I wasn't using this on Friday to get in to do anything special for the Riversiders I didn't use it to seek special treatment as that would have been unfair. If I'd been needed inside to e.g. do the raffle, then fair enough.

Let's see how it goes for the next couple of games - it may just have been first-game enthusiasm from people who don't usually go in. But I do think From A To B is probably right and it's a victim of its own success - they'll need a bigger venue soon.
Squad number 18!
Dawn O

Post by Dawn O »

the south stand bar is open only to season ticket holders and members, so I have a feeling its going to be like that most home games now.
Dawn O

Post by Dawn O »

[quote]cpwigan posted:
Nine, I do not go into the bar etc but would it be fair to say regulars like yourself are more likely to get let in than others ? Just an hypothesis

Maybe the club should make it Season ticket Holders and Riversider membership or creat an SS members club[/quote

Well I also go in every week and struggle to get in as I sit at the back of the east stand. The steward on the door who we spoken to after it all happened said he was waiting for the queue for the bar to go down.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Dawn O posted:
cpwigan posted:

Maybe the club should make it Season ticket Holders and Riversider membership or creat an SS members club[/quote

Well I also go in every week and struggle to get in as I sit at the back of the east stand. The steward on the door who we spoken to after it all happened said he was waiting for the queue for the bar to go down.
Which makes me think it was probably filled up with new people or those who don't go in before the match. Theres always a queue after the match but a lot pre order before the game as i usually do
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

pedro posted:
Agreed....the doorman says they are converting what was the gym under the east inot the bar. I also entioned opening the North stand after the game like Max's club and he said he will pass onto the bar manager. The amount of wiganers will not be that diff for the bulls game as if Cas would have brough a few it would have easily been 20k crowd.
They are not converting the gym into a bar, they are doing it up for the reserve (academy) teams, that is what the Riversiders are trying to raise money for with the raffle tickets. All money the Riversiders ever raise is for the the young lads.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

josie andrews posted:
pedro posted:
Agreed....the doorman says they are converting what was the gym under the east inot the bar. I also entioned opening the North stand after the game like Max's club and he said he will pass onto the bar manager. The amount of wiganers will not be that diff for the bulls game as if Cas would have brough a few it would have easily been 20k crowd.
They are not converting the gym into a bar, they are doing it up for the reserve (academy) teams, that is what the Riversiders are trying to raise money for with the raffle tickets. All money the Riversiders ever raise is for the the young lads.
And a very good job they do too :eusa2: I always do their raffle when ever im down for a match

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The fitness guy before Forshaw got the club to spend thousands on a special floor in that gym so I think Josie is correct.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

cpwigan posted:
The fitness guy before Forshaw got the club to spend thousands on a special floor in that gym so I think Josie is correct.
Do the academy not train up at Orrell?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

They did not do so last season. Only the first team and by/large only the first team were allowed to use the gym etc. Whether it has changed I do not know.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

cpwigan posted:
They did not do so last season. Only the first team and by/large only the first team were allowed to use the gym etc. Whether it has changed I do not know.
Seems a waste of resources and of a chance for the younger lads to gain experience training with the first team.