surrender surrender play on

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mike binder

Re: surrender surrender play o...

Post by mike binder »

robjoenz wrote:
mike binder wrote:rob in that incident at wakefield karl is clearly heard shouting last tackle
by which point the ball was already being grounded and I don't care what anyone says, not one of the Wigan has reactions quick enough to hear that and then fall off the tackle.
rob i dont care what u say no way was the ball all ready grounded yes the player was still moving but at least 2 players had pulled out of the tackle when he shouted last tackle
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

stevo went threw it several times and you can here the ref then a few seconds later the ball is grounded ,result should of been penalty to defence as stevo said end of argument :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

jammie wrote:so we are trapped between the devil and the deep blue sea,if the ref shouts surrender and we hold on to the player we run the risk of the whistle happy ref(most games this season)awarding a penalty against us.on the other hand if we let go on the shout of surrender it's now play on because the tackle is not complete,sorry but the ref's carn't have it both ways...
The refs haven't got it both ways, the referee will shout move before penalising - listen next time the game is on sky. Surrender actually means that the defender has longer to stabilise the tackle so why would the referee immediately penalise as soon he has shouted it?
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

mike binder wrote:stevo went threw it several times and you can here the ref then a few seconds later the ball is grounded ,result should of been penalty to defence as stevo said end of argument :lol:
Oh, well, if Stevo's said it I must hold my hands up and admit defeat. How often do you agree with Stevo, Mike? :wink:

A few seconds is massively exaggerated - there was about 3 frames between the two, a fraction of a second. Not long enough for Wigan players to react. They are human afterall.

I think the video referee only has real time sound BTW - not on replays.
pedro

Post by pedro »

robjoenz wrote:
jammie wrote:so we are trapped between the devil and the deep blue sea,if the ref shouts surrender and we hold on to the player we run the risk of the whistle happy ref(most games this season)awarding a penalty against us.on the other hand if we let go on the shout of surrender it's now play on because the tackle is not complete,sorry but the ref's carn't have it both ways...
The refs haven't got it both ways, the referee will shout move before penalising - listen next time the game is on sky. Surrender actually means that the defender has longer to stabilise the tackle so why would the referee immediately penalise as soon he has shouted it?
Because he can
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

robjoenz wrote:
mike binder wrote:stevo went threw it several times and you can here the ref then a few seconds later the ball is grounded ,result should of been penalty to defence as stevo said end of argument :lol:
Oh, well, if Stevo's said it I must hold my hands up and admit defeat. How often do you agree with Stevo, Mike? :wink:

A few seconds is massively exaggerated - there was about 3 frames between the two, a fraction of a second. Not long enough for Wigan players to react. They are human afterall.

i always agree with stevo hes allways right isnt he???? :conf:

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

mike binder wrote:
robjoenz wrote:

i always agree with stevo hes allways right isnt he???? :conf:
No Mike, you're getting him confused with me! :D
chnwh

Post by chnwh »

The Wakefield incident was scrutinised on Boots n All after it had happened and i'm sure the response was as Jammie said. The VR doesn't have any sound and therefore didn't hear the call, and has the hand only went up as the ball was being grounded he gave the try. Don't quote me on that though.

Regarding the Leeds incident the rule isn't described on the RFL website, but the incident will more than likley be on the 'ask stuart' piece some time over the weekend.