Mike Gregory????

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Rij

Re: Mike Gregory????

Post by Rij »

I think Wigan are in a very delicate position at the moment as we have a lot of potentially world class youngsters (e.g. Tickle etc) but if you don’t have the right coach to bring them along all their talent could go to waste.
I think back to when Monie was in charge, I know he had a lot of experienced world class players, but he a brought through the ranks a number of young players who became the best in the world (e.g. Robinson, Betts, Farrell et al).
It looks as though Wigan are going to struggle this year and a lot of these youngsters could be affected by this and talent could go to waste. I hope to be proved wrong but I think an experienced coach is needed.
Portsmouth Warrior

Post by Portsmouth Warrior »

What the club needs right now is some stability, not a change of coach or captain or squad.
All Maurice has done in the last few years is change for change sake. A few bad results does not make a bad coach. Look at the GB side. Close but no cigar.
It's my belief that Mike G can be a world class coach if given the chance. We have some great tallent in the youngster and some world class players waiting to come back from injury.
He has proved that he can create winners and will do it again. It's all about timing.
For Gods sake, give the guy a break and get behind him.
If you want to look for a scape goat at Wigan as you seem intent on doing I would look a little higher up the pecking order.
Pies are nice, and so are mice !!
primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

Well said Portsmouth, for a southerner that is. :eusa2:
Portsmouth Warrior

I am every bit as Northern as the next rugby league loving loon, I just like taking money off the southerners.
Thanks for your message
Paul Howard

Post by Paul Howard »

I read in the racing post this morning that there are rumours of Chris Anderson coming to the JJB. Anyone else heard that one. By the way i think Mike is doing a great job myself in a sitation where, as the 'post puts it, his hands are tied.
warriors

Post by warriors »

That is what we have been kind of talking about, an other stuff etc, etc. If you get the rugby league news paper then it will be in more detail about it. people say that he is for ages, so i have no idea if he will or not.

We will just have to wait an find out. I just wont what is best for the team.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Paul Howard posted:
I read in the racing post this morning that there are rumours of Chris Anderson coming to the JJB. Anyone else heard that one. By the way i think Mike is doing a great job myself in a sitation where, as the 'post puts it, his hands are tied.
This isn't a new rumour, and let's face it, if newspapers were required to print only the truth or things likely to happen they'd only have about 3 pages. It doesn't matter what the publication is, or what it's reputation is, I don't take any notice until there are official announcements from the club (and even then I'm usually a bit skeptical!). Probably the Racing Post picked it up from League Express who've reprinted the same rumour on several occasions ever since Anderson had that heart attack at the GB vs Aus test match. It all helps Martyn Sadler fill up the pages...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Rij

Post by Rij »

I'm sorry but I have more faith in Lyndsey than Gregory and we are going to have to face fact that at the moment we are nowhere near as good as Saints, Bradford or Leeds and need to make some changes so we can compete (starting with the coach).
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

Well i think after today Mike Gregory has shown he's a good coach, i was please with the display today shame we couldnt end Saints unbeaten run.
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
Portsmouth Warrior

Rij posted:
I'm sorry but I have more faith in Lyndsey than Gregory and we are going to have to face fact that at the moment we are nowhere near as good as Saints, Bradford or Leeds and need to make some changes so we can compete (starting with the coach).
At the risk of being smug, I didn't see to much need for change coming out of todays game..