Sean Long & Martin Gleeson, what have you been up to ??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
virginskiss

Re: Sean Long & Martin Gle...

Post by virginskiss »

Little Seany being dishonest!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reminds me of that old saying
Like Father, Like Son.
Don't expect any serious action from the RL board, if the 11 men missing farce is anything to go by!
pete&kaz

Post by pete&kaz »

heard a whisper today from a mate who reckons the bookies became concerned on the thursday before the game was played.in my opinion if they are found guilty they will be looking at some serious punishment.....think the rfl will want to set their stall out and let other idiots who are thinking of doing the same know that they will be heavily punished only time will tell but i would say throw them both out for the rest of the season well done to the lads today great win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
robjoenz

Re: Sean Long & Martin...

Post by robjoenz »

I reckon if found guilty they ought to get season long ban and a fine twice the amount of their bookie winnings! That ought to prevent anyone else trying it. I think that a life-time ban that Alex Murphy has suggested is a bit much, it's not like they fixed the match!
WindleWarrior

Post by WindleWarrior »

Sorry Fraggle, Mike I was unaware of the implications of copy and pasting the article from the other website. I am new to this messageboard malarky!!

Can you tell me how to make a link on the this website from another?
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

When you are typing a message, copy the URL in the message box, highlight it and then click on the URL button on the top right. Alternatively put
[url] www......com [/url]
around the link.
WindleWarrior

Post by WindleWarrior »

I don't understand why they aren't being banned while they are under investigation.Surely in the real world if you or me did something seriously wrong in work, you would be suspended whilst an investigation is being carried out.

I think the Huddersfield chairman is right to call for them to be suspended!

What are your views?
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I think the Huddersfield has a vested interest in why he wants them banned, do you not think?

Like Saints have issued that it is ethically correct to say that they are innocent until proven guilty and I think that's fair.

People in a position of great responsibility that have abused their authority may be suspended pending investigation, e.g. teacher striking a child or police man accused of making racist remarks. There would be no benefit to suspending the players yet. (It's unlikey but) They might be found not-guilty of any charge, then they would have been unfairly treated.

What you have to remember is that the RFL are not used to such scandals and the method of this investigation may form the basis for future investigations so they have to go purely on fact, not tales told by the RU loving Daily Mail.

There is a feeling that the national papers have sensationalised the story for their own interests (selling papers) and until information detailing the complete story is known I don't think they ought to be suspended.
!*WiGaN BaBe*!

Post by !*WiGaN BaBe*! »

they might be getting ban for lige might they HAHAHAHAAHA
mario

Post by mario »

The fact that neither player played last week makes me think that either Saints have decided not to play them until the matter is dealt with or the RFL have had a word!
Dean pritchard

Post by Dean pritchard »

:eusa3:
Dorsey,

I agree entirely, we have to set an example here. An Everton player, Tony Kay, got a life ban in the 60's for the same thing. We have to set an example to the prima donnas in the Round-ball game (you know 'em- can't manage on £50,000 a week, fit birds, flash cars, fame, booze, coke.....) well enough about my life! but you get my drift this is our game, and we don't need this sort of thing draggin' it down. It's bad enough when the Stains put the YTS team out against the Bulls (I hear Millward had to get some extra pads of sick notes printed in case he needs to pull the same stunt again!) Verdict; Life ban

Best wishes mate-see you at Wembley... (sorry, I meant Cardiff) Ahh memories..........
Harder than a coffin nail!Once a Warrior, always a Warrior!