Re: Tim Smith.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jackoh

Post by jackoh »

I must agree having Smith playing allows Barrett to play further out allowing the backs to come into the game .
With Darrell Goulding getting dropped it means we`re much more likely to see an expansive type of game which we`ve not seen for a couple of seaons .
Let`s see what he does against the scousers .
pedro

Post by pedro »

He was allowed to play due to Hull being poor and the pack going forward. Lets see how we go against the bigger teams
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

pedro wrote:He was allowed to play due to Hull being poor and the pack going forward. Lets see how we go against the bigger teams
Maybe, but Hull have a decent pack, credit our forwards for cominating them. A lot of people have said they'd like us to sign Carvell, but our lads made him look ineffective. Radford, Berrigan, Tickle, Dowes, Thackray are decent players, too.
pedro

Post by pedro »

agreed but they didnt turn up like ours havent been doing.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Hecould make a difference v Cats. Shame he will only be an 80 minute player next season.
georgenumber4

Catalans

Post by georgenumber4 »

really i think the catalan dragons game is going to boil down to the playmakers such as smith barret and Tommy lu lu as catalans are on form we will need a good performance to back our 66 points to 6 win against hull
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

i have no argument with anyone praising Smith and he may well become a great player in the cherry and white. However he is a number 7 as are TL and Tomkins so to expect him to just drop into 6 to replace Trent is not going to happen.We need a stand off and at the moment we dont have one.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

cpwigan wrote:The thing to remember is that 99.9% of us here are Wigan fans and passionate ones at that. One of the best things about that is we have a wide cross section of views etc but all want one thing, a great Wigan RLFC!

I defy anybody to find a poster who is 100% negative or negative for negatives sake on this forum. I cannot think of anybody. Not even Dave O :wink:

Personally I am seen as belonging to the negative wing. No problem with that in the context of the MB population dynamics but that does not mean I am not positive. Far from it. Whatsmore, if I see Josie at a match, we have a natter and laugh and joke. I spent half the reserve match in the company of Right Cross we just laughed and joked. Conversation/face to face is a very different medium to typing and exchanging views on the internet.

All I ever say to people is do not post anything you would not be prepared to say in public and to the person concerned. So when I criticised Brian Noble here I would gladly say exactly the same to him in person.

A good verbal debate with somebody whether you agree/disagree with them should leave you both with a healthy mutual respect for each other.

There have been a lot of positives come out of this MB. Raising money for charity. Sharing the passion for Wigan RLFC etc etc. Just glad Mike has kept it going for so long.
What about WNAC & PrimroseandBlue
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

medlocke wrote: What about WNAC & PrimroseandBlue
P'n'b is a wire fan - and if we won as little as they had; we'd all be a lot more negative!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

PnB not been on for a while thought he would be back as Wires are on a bit of a roll and Wigan loss of form.