Danny Brough A Bad Example To Youngsters?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
turf

Re: Danny Brough A Bad Example...

Post by turf »

Fraggle wrote:
turf wrote:2nd most important in my opinion is team spirit for 80 minutes.

We would be complainnig and concerned (about team spirit) on here if say Fielden turned round and went mad about something similar.

Or am I getting :conf:
I don't think all of us would be complaining if our players did it, but I know it's something that's been a topic close to your heart for a long time (eg. Chris Ashton). Personally I think it's a lot of fuss about nothing. If a player needs shouting at to get them to focus and not make stupid mistakes like not playing the ball properly then that's the right approach to take, particularly if it's another senior player who should know better. I'd rather see that kind of spirit on the pitch than players ignoring mistakes and thinking all will be well in the end. It's not as if he's throwing punches at his team mate or they're having a raging argument on the pitch.
You might say the bit in bold Fraggle but it looked very much to me like Brough was ready for a raging argument the way he reacted to the penalty against Wakefield.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Fraggle wrote:
turf wrote:2nd most important in my opinion is team spirit for 80 minutes.

We would be complainnig and concerned (about team spirit) on here if say Fielden turned round and went mad about something similar.

Or am I getting :conf:
I don't think all of us would be complaining if our players did it, but I know it's something that's been a topic close to your heart for a long time (eg. Chris Ashton). Personally I think it's a lot of fuss about nothing. If a player needs shouting at to get them to focus and not make stupid mistakes like not playing the ball properly then that's the right approach to take, particularly if it's another senior player who should know better. I'd rather see that kind of spirit on the pitch than players ignoring mistakes and thinking all will be well in the end. It's not as if he's throwing punches at his team mate or they're having a raging argument on the pitch.
I remember Andy Farrell have a right good go at Danny Orr in one game I think he was ready to flatten him because the mistake he made led to a drop out under the posts, you'd think he let a try in the way he went on :shoc:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

turf wrote:I never thought of that butt monkey! :blush: :blush:

In fact that is a good point butt monkey, who IS the captain of Wakefield????

Is it Brough??

I apologise to him if it is!!!! :o :o :D :D :blush: :blush:
Jason Demetriou is the club captain
turf

Post by turf »

Shouldn't he or Kear take Brough aside and have a word in his ear about Brough's hissy fit??
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

turf wrote:Shouldn't he or Kear take Brough aside and have a word in his ear about Brough's hissy fit??
Only if they are unhappy about it. If they are happy then they do nothing except encourage him to do it again next time. Sorry Turf, but I think you're making a mountain out of nothing here. I don't think there's anything wrong with players responding in that way. In those 80 minutes it's all or nothing, mistakes are costly, and there's plenty of time for nicey-nicey behaviour as soon as the final hooter goes. If that mistake led to a try from the next set of possession, do you not think Brough has a right to be as annoyed as I'm sure the fans and coach were? Wakefield are desperate for points, they don't get points with stupid penalties for lazy play like this, and I still think that if shouting helps players focus then it should be the way forward. There's no place on the pitch for a gentle tap on the shoulder and a speech along the lines of "hard luck, old boy, damned easy mistake to make, can happen to the best of us. but don't be disheartened old chap, plenty of time to go yet. tally ho wot?"
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]