WHATEVER HAPPENED TO;

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wall_of_voodoo

Re: WHATEVER HAPPENED TO;

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

BTW, Vainikolo was a terrible winger in the truest sense of the definition. He was built like an outhouse and Bradford used that to their game plan. Rarely did he EVER score further than 20 yards out, does that, or did that make him a great winger?
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:BTW, Vainikolo was a terrible winger in the truest sense of the definition. He was built like an outhouse and Bradford used that to their game plan. Rarely did he EVER score further than 20 yards out, does that, or did that make him a great winger?
I can recall a few from distance (did he not score a near length of the field v us) and several from 40 yards v Wigan but yes like most wingers he scored them close out.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Vainikolo: Don't care how he got them, still one of the best IMO
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
pedro

Post by pedro »

yes agree, and the comment on a good winger not needing a centre is a joke. Without a good centre you will not get the ball or get them in impossible positions leaving you stranded.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

pedro wrote:yes agree, and the comment on a good winger not needing a centre is a joke. Without a good centre you will not get the ball or get them in impossible positions leaving you stranded.
Are you saying Brett Dallas was not a good winger??? How many world class centres did he have playing inside him during his time at the club??

Class always shows, even in mediocre teams. It is your comment that is "joke".

Good centres can make average wingers appear better, but do not give them the talent or rather lack of that they have. Great wingers always just that - great.
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
viva_seddo13

Post by viva_seddo13 »

brian carney on wing brett dallas the other gud times gud times
pedro

Post by pedro »

Brett Dallas was never as good as he could have been at Wigan. He was starved of the ball and had to go looking for the ball and this resulted in a lot of injuries for him due to being hit high and hard of the forwards.

If he would have had a good centre at Wigan he would have topped the try scoring table every season and he didnt.

You need a good centre to use the winger to the full potential. If you think otherwise then thats your call but I played on the wing and knew hwo much ball I would get and the quality of the ball when the team was announced and I knew the centre.
viva_seddo13

Post by viva_seddo13 »

yeah gotta agree with you actually pedro but still he was a great player and still scored a loads of tries
pedro

Post by pedro »

Agree his heart was huge and give 110% every game but we could have had more from him if we would have given him the chance.
viva_seddo13

Post by viva_seddo13 »

yeah very reliable could count on him every week to perform just wish we bought him earlier on in his career