Catalans 40 -v- WIGAN 24

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
gpartin

Re: Catalans -v- WIGAN: Match Thread

Post by gpartin »

Noble's run out of petrol on the way back.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

gpartin wrote:Noble's run out of petrol on the way back.
he isnt on his way back. His RAC membership has expired also. Humpty Dumpty will, sadly, be left in the sun to be fried.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

wait he has £5 worth of petrol in a plastic can... he's turning back is Noble...

Full Time

40-24

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

ancientnloyal wrote:wait he has £5 worth of petrol in a plastic can... he's turning back is Noble...

Full Time

40-24
And he's just realised its a diesel and his engine is knacked.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

turf

Post by turf »

Catalan are a bunch of thugs!! End of!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Grapple tackles, high shots, and that horrendous attack to the head, the most obvious sending off all season, to be ignored by that pr*ck Bentham is simply unforgivable.

Catalan where allowed to get away with it because of a weak referee. Ganson would have had the red card out for that attack to the head on Richards before HT.

ancientnloyal

Re: Catalans 40 -v- WIGAN 24

Post by ancientnloyal »

you're mental. Bentham had a good game IMO, catalans arent thugs and the richards tackle was , in the words of singer Lemar, 50-50

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame
pedro

Post by pedro »

Was a lack of effort and desire was embarassed when I saw them walking to the scrum when we were behind. Makes me laugh as when the game is over we play open rugby and score.

They are a disgrace and feel sorry for the thousands who have paid a lot to go and support them. The team do not deserve them. Seems to have made my mind up about Murrayfield. If they cant be bothered why should I be.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

I've got a good gag:

This might be just what we needed to kickstart our season. :lol: Sorry

turf

Post by turf »

[/quote] Do you really think the ref had any effect on the result of that game? Catalans were miles better than us after their shaky start. We were rubbish. The challenge on Richards should have been a penalty but unlikely to result in any more no matter who the ref. In fact, few refs would have been able to see that the Catalans player wasn't contesting the ball.
We were awful, Catalans were good, pretty much explains why we got smashed.[/quote]

Didn't seem to give us many 50-50 calls. Bentham should have seen that Richards incident, or his TJ should have and made him aware via their ear piece system.

Mr Cummings's analysis of Bentham's performance should be interesting. He was in the VR box tonight.
Rep_Warrior

Post by Rep_Warrior »

I'm Disgusted!! before anyone says, I know the players have played 2 games in 4 days, but so have the the Dragons.

We looked devoid of any ideas going forward appart from up the Jumper One man Boring Rugby for most of the game. We have no props with no go forward. ( I also think we missed hock big style.)

Fielden was his usual hopeless self, can we please leave him in France along with Ridell, Pryce, and Noble.

The thing that annoyed me the most is, I can take loosing if we put the effort in eg thursday we lost but the effort was there. Today I saw nothing no pride no commitment and no drive.

I have given him time to sort Wigan out this season, but I have had enough I am sorry Mr Noble but do the decent thing and leave.

On another point dont think Bentham had a particularly good game today, but even if he had we would still of played as c**p as we did.

also as writing this just heard Baldo, and Hemmings mention we have no go forward.

Chris