Refs must be held accountable too

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
yoda warrior

Re: Refs must be held accountable too

Post by yoda warrior »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
yoda warrior wrote:
we led 12-6 after half time geoff, we werent chasing the game until we gave away a try while in posession and let another one in after missing a very makeable tackle. my point is no refereeing decision, even a shocking one, costs a team a game. we still had the chance to control the game and didn't.
Referee's decisions costs teams games year in year out.
If Silverwoods decision was in the last game of the season & Wigan were relegated as a result of the loss, would you still be saying the same thing, or becrying the referee's ineptness a little bit more, because maybe his error sent us down.
yes if you're at the bottom of the league after 26 games you're there because the other sides have been better than you. you can't be relying on the referee to get every decision right in the last game of the season because they're under pressure and will make mistakes just like the players. it's a pathetic attitude that a one bad decision on the last day of the season would be what got a team relegated.
turf

Post by turf »

I have just been on the the Sporting Life website, RL section and Terry Matterson is complaining about the performance of Gareth Hewer the other day when Castleford played Hull KR.

It seems whenever anyone plays against Hull KR, most of the 50/50 decisions go to KR, since Justin Morgan had that ridiculous rant about Ben Thaler. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Referees need to grow some guts and start give some decision against Hull KR.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

yoda warrior wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
yoda warrior wrote: Referee's decisions costs teams games year in year out.
If Silverwoods decision was in the last game of the season & Wigan were relegated as a result of the loss, would you still be saying the same thing, or becrying the referee's ineptness a little bit more, because maybe his error sent us down.
yes if you're at the bottom of the league after 26 games you're there because the other sides have been better than you. you can't be relying on the referee to get every decision right in the last game of the season because they're under pressure and will make mistakes just like the players. it's a pathetic attitude that a one bad decision on the last day of the season would be what got a team relegated.
If you think that referees dont make mistakes costing teams games, then your wearing rose tinted glasses buddy.
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

they don't cost teams games. bad decisions don't help but you can always make up for them. put it this way, for every mistake a ref makes there are maybe 20 mistakes by players by that cost the team equally as much. its weak to blame the referee and i really hope the players don't think like you.

for example; how many times has gareth hock dropped the ball over the line in games we have lost by one score this year? its at least 2 and yet if we miss the play offs i'll guarentee its a ref that gets the blame. we've also had bad decisions go in our favour that we haven't taken advantage of.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

yoda warrior wrote:they don't cost teams games. bad decisions don't help but you can always make up for them. put it this way, for every mistake a ref makes there are maybe 20 mistakes by players by that cost the team equally as much. its weak to blame the referee and i really hope the players don't think like you.

for example; how many times has gareth hock dropped the ball over the line in games we have lost by one score this year? its at least 2 and yet if we miss the play offs i'll guarentee its a ref that gets the blame. we've also had bad decisions go in our favour that we haven't taken advantage of.
Yes but if it's our own mistakes, that's fair enough, and if we lose because of them, then we deserve it.

Refereeing mistakes are out of our control.
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

GeoffN wrote:
yoda warrior wrote:they don't cost teams games. bad decisions don't help but you can always make up for them. put it this way, for every mistake a ref makes there are maybe 20 mistakes by players by that cost the team equally as much. its weak to blame the referee and i really hope the players don't think like you.

Yes but if it's our own mistakes, that's fair enough, and if we lose because of them, then we deserve it.

Refereeing mistakes are out of our control.
thats exactly the point geoff, ref mistakes are out of our control. the ref is going to make mistakes, they are humans. if you take care of everything you can control and still lose, THEN you can blame the referee. its mentally weak to blame someone else for your own shortcomings, in RL as in life. i really hope the players don't think its ok to blame the referee for defeats and its drilled into them that its not.
the mentally strong win games of rugby league. players who have the ready made excuse 'we can blame the referee and people will buy it' in the back of their heads are not mentally strong and will not be succesful in RL. remember leeds under daryll powell? they blamed the referee on numerous occasions. the cup final 03, sinfield could have kicked the goal to tie the game up but didn't and they lost. all powell wanted to talk about after the game was a possible forward pass by vaikona for the first try of the game. WEAK, and that mentality was probably the reason they didn't win anything under him. bad refereeing decisions are part of the game, they have people they have to answer to, but from our point of view, the buck MUST ALWAYS finish with the players.
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

noble was fuming at half time with siverwoods error but in his after match press conference, he hardly mentioned it. he knew we hadn't done enough to win the game, with or without the refs intervention.
Panchitta Marra

Gents, I am no good at links, could you please link up if I havnt done it right.
Thanks.
http://betting.betfair.com.au/nrl/nrl-l ... 70509.html
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Done it mate, all you have to do is select the whole link with your mouse so it goes dark blue, then click URL.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Panchitta Marra

gpartin wrote:Done it mate, all you have to do is select the whole link with your mouse so it goes dark blue, then click URL.
Thanks GP.
It doesnt highlight up when first added to the posting.
Much appreciated.