Carl Webb

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
cpwigan

Re: Carl Webb

Post by cpwigan »

My source is rarely wrong.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cpwigan wrote:My source is rarely wrong.
Is your source saying about signing Carl Webb CP.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

A very good source told me he was our No1 target and another decent source since then has said we have signed him. Hope so.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cpwigan wrote:A very good source told me he was our No1 target and another decent source since then has said we have signed him. Hope so.
Thanks CP, looks a likely hard man, just hope he keeps injury free.
He has had his fair share of bad luck with injuries.
Seemed to be injury free 2008 though.

Taken from Wikipedia:

"After playing for the Toowoomba Clydesdales, Webb made his NRL debut for the Brisbane Broncos in 2000 against the North Queensland Cowboys. The next year he made his debut in State of Origin, representing Queensland, scoring one try. He won the Broncos' Rookie of the Year award in 2000 but a combination of inconsistent form and injuries saw him in and out of first grade until he was contracted to the North Queensland Cowboys for the 2005 season.

In 2005, Webb had a strong start to the season, earning a position in the Queensland Maroons. Injury impeded his season and he was later suspended for punching, forcing him to finish his year on the sidelines.

In 2007, Webb again started the season strongly, but suffered a broken jaw early in the season. He returned to the field in round 8.

In May, 2008 Webb played in his debut test for the Australian national team against New Zealand.

On 20 May 2008 Webb re-signed with the Cowboys until the end of the 2010 season, a contract rumoured to be worth around $AU300,000 a year. 1

He was named in the Australia training squad for the 2008 Rugby League World Cup,[1] but was not selected to play."
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Carl Webb is a nutbag of a forward that will scrap with anything that moves if they try it on with him. If he's on his game and motivated to play over here then he'll be super for us.

It's a risk but bring it on i say.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/103 ... ie-warning
Meanwhile, Wigan chairman Ian Lenagan watched North Queensland Cowboys forward Carl Webb in action in Townsville last night and is ready to offer the State of Origin star a lucrative deal to join next season.