2010?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kittwazzer

Re: 2010?

Post by Kittwazzer »

I admire everyone's blind loyalty to our team and I am as much saddened by current results as anyone. But this blind loyalty is what allows the current situation to prevail!

And yes. For all my rantings, I will no doubt succumb to the same bloody argument about wanting to retain my seat for next season!

Can't win can we!!!!1
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I left renewal until very late this year but I succumbed. I have promised myself that I will not buy one for 2010 if Noble is still coach. I have cut down on away trips this season. I still go to 90% of academy / reserve games at Orrell.

I have to say several of the posts in this thread have cheered me up with their loyalty / passion etc. I probably feel like the other half though at the moment.

I did actually miss a season or two when we moved to the JJB. At CP, I had a season ticket and attended Alliance games.
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

GeoffN wrote:
Sutty wrote:
GeoffN wrote: You must be somewhere near us, then!

I've kept my season ticket through worse times than this, so yes, I'll be renewing.
Without looking on my ticket, I think it's GG 167?
We're 10 rows in front of you and a bit to your left: W 150-154
:D

Give us a wave next game!
Yes I will probably renew but the dilemma is my wife wants to come too and she wants to sit on the end of a row. If Noble stays I would question renewing for the first time in over 20 years.

My seats are East Stand W122 to 124. Just to the right (towards North Stand) from half way.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

cpwigan wrote:Are you a current season ticket holder?

Will you be renewing in 2010?

Are you more likely / less likely to attend matches in 2010?

I have already said on here and i stand by my decision that if Noble is in charge next season i will definatley not be renewing my season ticket
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Dont have a season ticket but 5 of us travel from cumbria every week and will continue to do so, even though times are bad for the club at the min, I feel I cant just support the club when we are winning, the good times are around the corner again (hopefully)
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Wasn't around for our doldrum years pre-85 so i guess having my fair share of success im experiencing my fair share of crap. Obviously i care what the team does on the pitch like anyone. But i hope people just dont support wigan for their successes a decade ago. I wont jump ship if we stay like this for eternity... it's my town and my game, there is nothing else (apart from Arsenal). If have have this many so called fans and we happen to get to NL2, after 3 seasons how many would still turn up? I admire the fans of keighley, hunslet, dewsbury etc who go home and away. featherstone v leigh on the tv the other week, leigh must have took 50 fans... they are fans and they're in the muck.

Either you are a supporter of Wigan in which case even though you are entitled to be frustrated by current affairs you should or could still have a desire to possibly want to watch us regardless, or you're not. Obviously Noble doesnt frustrate me as much as others on here and my willingness to 'want' to go to every game regardless is like a gullible rock, so I cant understand fully why people wouldnt want to renew but know of reasons as to why.

ancient (compared to a babbi... im 24) and loyal
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

YES

YES

&

YES

I support the team through good and bad and always will. Not stopping now after all these years whether winning or losing.

Remember how we all got behind the team in 2006?
Well lets do it again.

It affects them also when they lose, don't for a minute think it doesn't. The lads who have been here a while were all gutted by their performance, even the one's who didn't play, and they felt very sorry for all us fans who travelled down there to support them.

Lets not stop now PLEASE, be PROUD be WIGAN be a WARRIOR.

Don't you think all the other fans are rubbing their hands at us knowing we are deserting the team, the club? The best supporters in the country!

John Dixon even comments on how we are still the team to beat, no matter where we are in the league. Never mind your Leeds, Saints or whoever, Wigan are still the most famous club in the world and who everyone wants to beat. It was Celtic's Grand Final and Challenge Cup final rolled into one.

Come on everyone, yeah its tough, but whoever said it would be easy. Be strong keep the faith.

I'm a Wigan Warrior and proud of it :)

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Well said, Josie!
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

Hi Josie,

the difference between 2006 and now, is that 2006 was fun. It was a rollercoaster of unpredictability and high stakes.

We had drama, we had the lowest the lowest of the lows, we had a new coach, we had change, we had a enthralling winning run, more drama with docked salary cap points and nearly scrpaed into the play offs with one of the best 2nd half of the season performances of that superleague year

Now, in contrast, we're just stuttering along. I would summarise our match performances thus:

- We've played well and won a few.
- We've played well and lost.
- In the main we've played indifferently//badly and lost.

It's flat, inconsistent and boring and certainly this year I can't see anything changing.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

I fall into the group that will always renew whatevers going on because i'm a Wigan addict and couldn't sit at home and watch us on the tv.

It's abit depressing at the minute but i truely do believe we're only a good coach and 2 players off challenging on all fronts next season.

Over to Mr Lenagan to deliver.