Amos Roberts

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cherrywarrior

Re: Amos Roberts

Post by cherrywarrior »

Im not saying I go for it either, its just an observation...
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
Shevi 4 life

Post by Shevi 4 life »

ellery 4 coach wrote:
leeh2101 wrote:the problem is with some fans they seem to think that the new player will come in and gel with the team instantlty and unfortunatlety this rarley happens, pat richards, matt king, for example have taken at least a season to start to show there form, and we stuck with richards and for me is now one of our key players, even though amos has made some stupid decisions recently i mean the grubber in our own 25 against stains was baffling
yeh barret carmont where really crap for the first 10 minutes of there debut
I have been in australia in there "winter" its like 20 degrees, and when they come over here and its only just above 0. You surely cant expect them too play well, i didnt realise how much of a difference it was until i went too australia

On top of that if i remember rightly, barrett wasnt good at all when we played warrington, in the snow when it was freezing.
There expanding knowsley road from 3 car park spaces to 4
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Could this site be had up for racial predudice. Lets face it if you are freign you get stick, if you are local you are great and on a learning curve. Even Yorkies are not as good as home grown.
Jim :lol: :o :blush: :)
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

highland convert wrote:Could this site be had up for racial predudice. Lets face it if you are freign you get stick, if you are local you are great and on a learning curve. Even Yorkies are not as good as home grown.
Jim :lol: :o :blush: :)
Nothing to do with where they come from, Jim; everything to do with how they play. A good foreign player, like Pat or George, gets praise, a poor British one, like Fielden, gets criticism.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Could Ainscough have made some of the try saving tackles that Amos has in recent weeks or would his lack of experience shown him to be not as good as everyone is bulling him up to be
ellery 4 coach

Post by ellery 4 coach »

I have been in australia in there "winter" its like 20 degrees, and when they come over here and its only just above 0. You surely cant expect them too play well, i didnt realise how much of a difference it was until i went too australia

On top of that if i remember rightly, barrett wasnt good at all when we played warrington, in the snow when it was freezing.[/quote]

so now youre trying to say british rugby league players are natural snow playing sportsmen, in the last 10 years theyve probably played in the snow about once, amos roberts isnt interested wether its snowing raining boiling
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

medlocke wrote:Could Ainscough have made some of the try saving tackles that Amos has in recent weeks or would his lack of experience shown him to be not as good as everyone is bulling him up to be
Possibly not, but it's safe to say, given his record, that he'd have scored and created a lot more.

Nobody's saying he's perfect, just that overall he's performed better than Roberts when given a chance.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

Just to reiterate what I've posted on here several times before, for those who have read Kris Radlinski's book, you will know how many players take a long time to settle in and that it certainly isn't a case of just turn up and play. I still think Roberts will be a good buy for us. After all, there were loads of people who wanted to send Renouf home after his first season, the guy was a legend in his second season.

cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

Sutty wrote:Just to reiterate what I've posted on here several times before, for those who have read Kris Radlinski's book, you will know how many players take a long time to settle in and that it certainly isn't a case of just turn up and play. I still think Roberts will be a good buy for us. After all, there were loads of people who wanted to send Renouf home after his first season, the guy was a legend in his second season.
Hence what I said in a different thread about Pat! Look at Matt King as well, its taken him ages to come good (and before people bite my head off saying he inst that good, he scored hat trick against us on Saturday and is going to CC Final)
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Sutty wrote:Just to reiterate what I've posted on here several times before, for those who have read Kris Radlinski's book, you will know how many players take a long time to settle in and that it certainly isn't a case of just turn up and play. I still think Roberts will be a good buy for us. After all, there were loads of people who wanted to send Renouf home after his first season, the guy was a legend in his second season.
I don't care who says it takes time for players to settle in any player who takes the best part of a season to settle in deserves criticism.

They were not forced to come here. They chose to. They are not young inexperienced kids but adults. They earn high wages and have a job that is hardly drudgery.

Roberts has been a poor signing so far. He is now being targeted by coaches with kicks and he is failing to deal with them. This is what was predicted would happen to Ainscough and so was used to justify his dropping from the side. Now it is actually happening to Roberts what do people propose is done about it?

Wait while he makes a major contribution to the loss of a few more crucial games on the back of his mistakes while he settles in?

Dave