Who's fault was Saturday?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
robjoenz

Re: Who's fault was Saturday?

Post by robjoenz »

Ganson! :)
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

cpwigan wrote:
weststand-rich wrote:
cpwigan wrote:I have just been contacted by IL. He has all your names and addresses and your season tickets have been cancelled. He says no wembley tickets for you if / when we get to Wembley. I think he then went to the toilet to debate with himself as to whether if or when is the correct term. I hung up at that point.

This isn't IL at the fan forum crushing dissent from an errant fan is it??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p4T7_XI7WM&hl=un
:lol:
I find your lack of faith disturbing CP!
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

I blame Ganson, and Mathers, and Scum Helens... :eusa1:
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
jackoh

Post by jackoh »

Mrs Feka you where nearly right , lets give some credit to Warrington , they wanted the game more than we did .
The issue of Monaghan was spot on , he`s been playing out of his skin from acting half back for the last 3 games , so why didn`t we deal with him .
Briers is an as been , but he`s more rugby wise than the majority of our team .
King was the mystery , how did he play so well after being playing like a donkey all season . I`m not blaming roberts as its wrong to blame anyone when you lokk at how we defended letting them run at us instead of meeting them .
The lesson here is what a thinking coach can do with a mediocre team .
Mr Lenegan I hope your reading this .
bikerharry

Post by bikerharry »

I wasn't my fault, I didn't do it, it was like that when I got here.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

warrior49 wrote:Here we go, yet another of the stupid gang posting stupid staements.

It was nobody's fault.
We were beaten by the better team on the day.....get over it.
I still don't believe they're the better team. Player for player, there's little between the two squads. I'd say a "best of" team would be roughly 50-50 split between the two sides.

Better coached, yes.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

GeoffN wrote:
warrior49 wrote:Here we go, yet another of the stupid gang posting stupid staements.

It was nobody's fault.
I still don't believe they're the better team. Player for player, there's little between the two squads. I'd say a "best of" team would be roughly 50-50 split between the two sides.

Better coached, yes.
better team on the day yes

Noble totally out coached by Smith

Noble played 3 players who should certainly not have started Bailey, Lockers and The Woolpack Landlord of yester year
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

bertina

Post by bertina »

GeoffN wrote:

It was nobody's fault.

Better coached, yes.
Dead right!!
Could someone please get Noble to explain why, if fatty Feka is an "impact player," did he bring him on when Wire were just about to start a set of six. ?
Why, when it was obvious to everyone that Roberts was struggling with King's height, did he not even try a swap with Pat. ?
Mossop has a blinder for the last two matches when he was on and then gets dropped from the 17.
What must he have thought when he saw the "impact" Feka and Fielden had when they came on.Would Monaghan have targeted him like he did so blatantly with Feka ?. I doubt it.
Clueless coaching.
Watching the replay on the video on sunday, even Jonathan Davies said on the commentary during the game, "Wigan have gone to pieces since Paleasina came on"
Not rocket science is it ?
Big Steve

Post by Big Steve »

As usual people are taking far too black and white a view of things and like to pin blame on the usual scapegoats for everything.

Roberts is the villain or Noble it seems. Noble gets blamed for bringing Bailey back - his injury was a freak accident and nohing to do with his dead leg.

Who wouldn't have brought Lockers back?

Feka has been playing in our team for the past two years, yet Nobby get the blame for bringing him onto the pitch in the wire game.

The truth of the matter is that wire played to their game plan for 15 - 20 mins of the game, we played to ours for around 15 - 20 mins of the game. Going into the last 10 mins they were on the ropes and were gifted possession by a dodgy decision and Briers was in an ideal position to make the game safe.

I'm quite happy to discuss whether Nobby isn't the most enlightened coach - and there are far better coaches around, but not everything that goes wrong is his fault and to try and say it is just devalues any points or views people may have IMO.

For all the talk of how smith outcoached Nobby, the fact is that the players we had on the pitch made a number of significant personal mistakes which were nothing to do with Smiths game plan (and i'm not talking about the Roberts/King mismatch) - and we were still within 1 score of them going into the last 10 mins.

Regardless of what people think about Noble game plan if the players had executed better we would have stood a great chance of wining the game.

mike binder

Post by mike binder »

robjoenz wrote:Ganson! :)
HE did make several big mistakes like the knock on that led to vbriers drop goal .should of been a penalty to wigan wich would of put us in there half with a chance to make scores level ,but not his fault sams try was off a 5 yds forward pass
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME