Riddell

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Panchitta Marra

Re: Riddell

Post by Panchitta Marra »

highland convert wrote:It was not the RM until DaveO moved it from MM. I thought a lot of the posts re Riddell were positive towards the end of the season. Short memories and juicy fact that he is still down under. Maybe Parra can knock on his honeymoon suit door and ask him if he is in Thailand :lol:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 5788530070
Scoured all the places I know best Jim, Soi Cowboy, ping pong at pat pong, saw plenty of poles but no aussies looking like Piggy. Only one thing for it, must try harder. :roll: :roll:
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

PM he has a new wife in tow, hardly likely to be in a bar with Polish people :blush: Try an ozzie beer bar :)

http://www.wiganwarriorsfans.com/wigan/ ... 2&o=594374
Some folk do not share your opinion but if fitness is the key to the problem Dave maybe the new regime can rectify that problem and we can see what he is capable of,
Jim
shawxshark

Post by shawxshark »

wm_warrior wrote:Sam 6
Deacon 7
tommy 9
riddell on bench????
please no :eusa17:

sam 6
tommy 7
mcilourum 9
deacon bench..
mcilourum plays with his heart on his sleeve and his dedication his second to none, he's from stanningley in leeds and i heard that when he was younger he used to come across on moped,dont know how true it is but he certaintly seems to play at 110% eveytime he pulls on the cherry and white....and the away strip
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Piggy had his best spell for St George. He has never been the same thereafter. When he arrived at Wigan he could only manage 20 minutes training. Not fit to wear the shirt.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

cpwigan wrote:Piggy had his best spell for St George. He has never been the same thereafter. When he arrived at Wigan he could only manage 20 minutes training. Not fit to wear the shirt.
Sounds familiar, just like all the negative posts about Phelps last year, yet Phelps proved you wrong Mr sealing :wink:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

medlocke wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Piggy had his best spell for St George. He has never been the same thereafter. When he arrived at Wigan he could only manage 20 minutes training. Not fit to wear the shirt.
Sounds familiar, just like all the negative posts about Phelps last year, yet Phelps proved you wrong Mr sealing :wink:
In your opinion Medlocke. Not worth much.

Personally, very excited about this season. I am prepared to write 2010 off but I have got a feeling the new set up might even deliver in 2010. Phelps, If you like him great. Anybody who has seen Hayne and Slater play FB knows what a FB is and sadly it is no Mr Phelps but Rome wasn't built in a day. He proved what I told you was right I.E He cannot defend.

Piggy is a poor hooker whatsmore his attitude is 2 fingers to anybody/everybody. He arrived in bad condition, he miraculously got injured at the time his future Mrs was returning to Aus and spent a weekend abroad with her not the team. Glen Hall and his Mrs lose a baby and Piggy flies home at the most important time in the season. Dedication? Exactly. Remember all those pre arrival promises.

The future for Wigan lies with young players who will hopefully get an opportunity now. There are several very good ones, not that you would know.

Wigan RLFC are heading in the right direction. Lots of great changes but they do not need people making excuses for more experienced players letting the team down. They need to step up or leave ASAP. The days of excuses are over.
R Douglas

Post by R Douglas »

Please, please, please . . . !

Let Piggy get back into pre-season training with the new coaching regime and give him a fair crack of the whip like everyone else! We on the outside do not know who's the fittest, best trainer etc., etc. We will only judge the guy's from their performances on the pitch.

Granted he did not have the best season 1, and I can remember a certain Pat Richard's head in the guillotine after his 1st season, with many people on here!

There were many others who did not turn up last year and let us down mre than this fella. Let's get off the guy's case and see what happens. Trust that average will not be tolerated anymore, and one way or the other he and all the others will either play or go!

Rant over!
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

good old medlocke, always one to point out the facts. Lets see how riddell looks after a bit of pre season training, Who knows he might lose a stone or two :D :)
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Pre season has started and Piggy is not here so day by day he is falling behind. So he's going to have to do plenty top catch up just like last season when he arrived and could only train for 20 minutes under Forshaw. Heaven help him under Maguire and Bitcon. No commitment = Piggy. 5 years of no commitment is impossible to turn around. I thought we had seen an end to accepting sub standard. Too many fans are too gullible and easy pleased.

Pat Richards had to play out of position under Ian Millward. No comperison with Piggy.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

R Douglas wrote:Please, please, please . . . !

Let Piggy get back into pre-season training with the new coaching regime and give him a fair crack of the whip like everyone else! We on the outside do not know who's the fittest, best trainer etc., etc. We will only judge the guy's from their performances on the pitch.

Granted he did not have the best season 1, and I can remember a certain Pat Richard's head in the guillotine after his 1st season, with many people on here!
I am willing to give Piggy another crack under the new regime but he certainly was poor for most of last season BUT there was absolutely no similarity between him and Richards situations and to link the two does Richards a disservice.

Richards looked poor under Millward when played at centre. Noble arrived and switched him to the wing and his form improved dramatically to the extent when Dallas got injured he found it hard to get back the team such was Richards form. Richards season in 2006 was like chalk and cheese. First half under Millward playing out of position poor, 2nd half under on the wing Noble he found his form.

Richards did not have a full season of being poor yet he is often held up as an example of a player who did have a poor season then came good in his 2nd year simply to make excuses for others. This is wrong IMO because as explained he simply was not poor after Noble arrived and we should not be making excuses for senior professionals.

Riddell does not have the excuse of being played out of position or playing in a team the coach (Millward) virtually destroyed. Riddell was just poor.

Dave