Please Sky, put us out of our misery

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Please Sky, put us out of our misery

Post by cpwigan »

Stevo hates Wigan with a passion because Bill Ashurst used to beat him up when they both joined Penrith. To this day, Stevo still continues to hate Bill / Wigan
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

I believe he refuses to talk to him when they are in the same room CP.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

platt-warrior wrote:I believe he refuses to talk to him when they are in the same room CP.
What a saddo.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

platt-warrior wrote:I believe he refuses to talk to him when they are in the same room CP.
Indeed he does. He even had a dig at Ashurst in his autobiography. Bill made the all time Penrith team and Stevo did not which must have really irked him. When Bill called for the ball because he saw something on, Stevo as hooker would ignore him and pass to somebody else even though it was to the detriment of the team.
A49

Post by A49 »

The two main muppets make Eddie Waring look like Einstein.
Salsa Caliente

Post by Salsa Caliente »

A49 wrote: The two main muppets make Eddie Waring look like Einstein.
Agreed.

To "Mave The Rave" - I agree that we weren't up to the standards set in earlier matches on Friday. What I don't accept is having to sit through such blatant drivel by the Waldorf and Statler of Sky.

Do you hear commentators like Ray Warren or Peter Stirling doing verbal cartwheels and high fives when a team they may not appreciate get beat? No. All fans want is a professional, even handed commentary. After all, we pay enough for the privilege.
stevethegas

Post by stevethegas »

Dear me, what a load of bigoted drivel this thread has produced.
I am now grown old but can still remember Eddie Waring and the untold damage his image was to our great sport. To put the current pair from Sky in the same category is way too much.
You may not agree with them, you may not like them, but they aren't biased in their commentary against Wigan or any team. Well, unless it's a GB v somewhere antipodean situation and then they are as patriotic as we all are.
I just don't buy the anti-Wigan bias that so many above have stated. Those who hear it are simply listening through paranoid earholes. What a load of rubbish to suggest that Sky don't like Wigan. Eddie and Stevo might not like the whining drivel that some people hear write and mis-spell on this website, but that's all. They don't dislike the club and they don't have any axe to grind against our beloved home town. Sadly it's every true fans birthrite to be bigoted in favour of their own club, but please a bit of perspective from all.
Stevethegas
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Steve you do Eddie Waring a great disservice. Eddie was an outstanding commentator until his latter years when he was actually ill but did not quit and therein lies perhaps the key lesson. A commentator needs to walk before they are pushed. Every commentator has a lifespan.
Don Kiddick

Post by Don Kiddick »

The fella who did the RL world cup off sky sports news would be a good choice IMO.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Can't comment on waring but weren't the people who criticised him just as bigoted cos he had a northern accent? Don't have much time for eddie and stevo but don't buy the bias thing either in truth.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."