Problem teenagers at away games

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Problem teenagers at away games

Post by cpwigan »

Very interesting WE. It must really P coach drivers off and I often think how unenjoyable it makes the trip for them. I don't use coaches any more, do passengers still collect for the driver at the end of trips?
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

Another solution could be anyone caught making trouble and giving the club a bad name has their details passed to the club and if they have a season ticket it is cancelled, thus barring them for the season.
white elephant

Post by white elephant »

cpwigan wrote:Very interesting WE. It must really P coach drivers off and I often think how unenjoyable it makes the trip for them. I don't use coaches any more, do passengers still collect for the driver at the end of trips?
Josie is great at that CP !!
WIGAN TILL I DIE

MiThor

Post by MiThor »

with ref to alcohol on coaches
It is a criminal offence to take alcohol on to coaches,
the driver can lose his/her licence, if you are caught the fact that the driver was unaware that you had smuggled alcohol on to the coach, neither the police nor vosa will accept this as a reason not to revoke his/her licence, you can be prosecuted for possession, so the next time you take a drink on to a coach you could cost the driver their living
pedro

Post by pedro »

MiThor wrote:with ref to alcohol on coaches
It is a criminal offence to take alcohol on to coaches,
the driver can lose his/her licence, if you are caught the fact that the driver was unaware that you had smuggled alcohol on to the coach, neither the police nor vosa will accept this as a reason not to revoke his/her licence, you can be prosecuted for possession, so the next time you take a drink on to a coach you could cost the driver their living
Is that not just for football supporters?
Wharthog

Post by Wharthog »

im so glad that so many of you feel the same way as i do, i personally do not want to get involved in taking a full gang on and giving them a drumming down on their behaviour but if we can all stick together if any trouble in the future arises maybe some young ones will stand up and take notice?

during the game if we score a try and a full pint was to go down my back i could understand but on friday night the throwing of beer / chips / litter etc at random times was simply to provoke a reaction from the victims who have travelled and also support the same team. i love seeing the younger geneartions being passionate about our game and our team. but friday for example was very fustrating. yes i could have moved position to another area of the stand but i refuse to be intimidated into that by young disrespectful people
pedro

Post by pedro »

white elephant wrote:There were a few incidents on Friday night, some happened before and after the game. all were most likely brought on by to much alcohol. Myself and Big Mike sorted the first problem of the evening which involved Mike banning a young man off his trips, which i might add he has said before on this site that if anyone causes trouble on his trips they will be banned. Thanks mike for your help with that one!. the fighting started as we were loading the coaches up for the return trip home, when some of my passengers said that a fight had started on one of the Walton swift coaches, at that point we left. I hope the people who spoiled the evening realise that by acting in this manner you stand to give the Wigan club a very bad name, its the same old story just 1 or 2 people spoil it for the rest of us.
Can i also thank Nigel(coachmaster) for his help on friday also.

We get problems when we get alot of young fans together on a coach who are drinking too much. Problems on coach 3 from Mayfair ended up with the driver making a stop at the services, he stopped the coach near the police station and told them they would be getting thrown off the coach. the driver said to me back at the yard he wont be driving the rugby again as with many of the other drivers who have had to put up with this sort of trouble. we don't do stag dos because you get trouble and drivers wont do them, soon we wont be able to do rugby trips if this continues.

Efforts are made when the drivers are loading the coaches up to check young people for alcohol but sometimes it gets passed and is drunk on the coach. Many of our regulars bring a few cans onto the coaches but you would never know it because these responsible people drink it and take there empty cans off the coach with them, i wish everyone could do the same!!

Anyone who wishes to make an away journey with Mayfair/Grayways this year, if you cause trouble on the coaches you will be asked to get off the coach, banned and your details will be passed on to the Club and other travel companies.
get young Andrew to chuck em off mate
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Birch 'em :lol:
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I would threaten sustained sexual violence as punishment... of similar sex.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

I like your use of the word similar there!
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."