Are Wire our Storm ?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Kittwazzer

Re: Are Wire our Storm ?

Post by Kittwazzer »

pedro wrote:

all signings have to be ok'd by the RFL for the live cap
But what does that achieve? I would assume the RFL are simply presented with a copy of the contract for rubber stamping? Its the 'off contract' details which need scrutiny. And its unlikely ever to happen!
jackoh

Post by jackoh »

Its just one big conspiracy then eh :roll:
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

jackoh wrote:Its just one big conspiracy then eh :roll:
Far from a conspiracy I would say. If they have managed to beat the system, they are keeping the details 'in-house'.

Best we can hope for is a disgruntled player spilling the beans. Maybe someone who mistakenly thought he was a shoo-in for the Wembley squad! :conf:
nellywelly

Post by nellywelly »

[/quote]

all signings have to be ok'd by the RFL for the live cap[/quote]

SO YOU BELIEVE WARRINGTON ARE SQUEEKY CLEAN AND NOT BREAKING THE SALARY CAP??????????????????
I am sorry for you if you do it means you cant see the obvious and must live a very blinkerd excistance
NO SYSTEM IS FOOL PROOF AND CAN BE BREACHED BUT ONCE IT IS SEEN TO BE IT BRINGS THE WHOLE THING INTO DISPUTE
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I don't think pedro meant it that way nelly.

But even if he did, his personal opinion is hardly the issue.

If he is blinkered to the extent you need to shout, what does it say about the people at RFL HQ who are, after all, the people who's opinions do matter?
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

Could the Inland Revenue be involved yet, they can dig deeper than Red Hall or are off-shore accounts the name of the game?
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

When RFL okay player signings, they only consider if the contract will fit under the cap - not the actual value of the contract offered.

Take Mickey Higham. He signed on a contract of 30-40K with Wire. Does that sound right considering he was on 75K at Wigan? An ex-international hooker with no major injuries and certainly one of the better hookers in the comp. No other club offered him a better deal than 40K? He was happy to drop 30K a year to play for Wire? Really?

Red Hall are not stupid and must have a fair idea of the ways clubs get around the cap by false accounting and cash payments. Knowing it and proving it are 2 different things.

For what it's worth, cheating like Wire may be doing is pointless and pretend achievement. We're the best. Honest we are.
thomo

Post by thomo »

i am sure i read £135K for Carvell a season
morley was quoted as been on far more than fielden - £200K was rumoured at the time.
king was the highest paid player in superleagu - i thought i read £1.6M over four season - £400K a season but that cant be write - so lets go with the £300K that has been put on this forum
that £635K rumoured on three players
Briers will be on good money, so will atkins and Monaghan.
Myler will not play for fun and the anderson brothers are mercanaries so they will be earning well.

what gets me is what if a club offers a player so £100k a year while they play and then a pension for the next five years when the are not playing - does this count on the cap.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

bill.inger wrote:Could the Inland Revenue be involved yet, they can dig deeper than Red Hall or are off-shore accounts the name of the game?
If HMRC feel there is probable cause, off shore accounts wouldn't slow them down. But at this stage, tax evasion is not the issue and I doubt it ever will be. Breaking RFL rules is far from breaking the law!
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

This is the issue with Wire - their publised big signings are taking up 1/3 of their cap. Paul Wood is earning 135K a year, so how does that factor into their spending heirarchy??

The other blatant issue with Wire is that they are not producing any of their own players to a significant degree. Who is a Wire academy product in their current line-up? Riley.

To have a line-up studded with stars and retain a scratch of credability, you have to have a sizeable number of your academy lads coming good or buy gambles. Us, Leeds and Saints all do have academy lads in the ascendency - much as it galls me I don't think Leeds or Saints are currently cheating the cap at all or significantly. Wire don't. They buy their players ready made and that attracts a premium. The only gamble buy they have is Solomona and he is playing well for them.