The Family Game / RESPECT ?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: The Family Game / RESPECT ?

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

He reminds me of Arsen(spelling) Wenger up in arms anytime something happens to his players and when its the other way round its "i didn't see that"

Like i sid i think they should put sam back at 6 for his safety leeds will target him
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
Like i sid i think they should put sam back at 6 for his safety leeds will target him
I'm sure we'll be ready for that. Sam was targetted last time. Ablett wasn't subtle enough!
ian b

Post by ian b »

Peacock cant have put that interview together by himself cos he is one of the thickest gits i have ever heard.McClennan has no doubt told him what to say the sad old b-s-ar-.
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

It's all mind games.

Remember Andy Farrell being asked about Paul Sculthorpe trying to play mind games before the 2002 challenge cup final?

"Mind games. He's no mind to play games with." :o :o
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

100% Warrior wrote:If these comments are correctly quoted then it appears to smack of nothing more than a very poor attempt to disrupt the Wigan camp ahead of a vital match on Saturday.

I hope the RFL are paying attention to this and will be placing a ref who can confidently deal with any aggro which may arise during the game.

Wigan appear to be doing the correct thing by keeping their mouths shut on the matter and channeling their energy into being ready for the game at Headingley.

Just keep to the game plan, keep cool and ensure we make the scoreboard count on Saturday evening. Let's not throw this opportunity away by being indisciplined.
Unfortunately, the only ref to have the cojones to deal with this game is on a long holiday. I know he is a (alleged) scumbag, but step forward mr Ganson, RL needs you this weekend.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

He is a grade A Plank. He is inciting a Brown-esque assault on Wigan players why should poeple be able to do that? In Football this won't be tolerated and will be met with a fine or at least the FA would justify ones comments. Clutching at straws.

I am sure Wigan players wont read the YEP, even online unless they hear it from here or rlfans. Maguire is a professional and our players are. We will be stupid to think or approach the game otherwise with a GF at stake.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

exile in Tiger country wrote: Unfortunately, the only ref to have the cojones to deal with this game is on a long holiday. I know he is a (alleged) scumbag, but step forward mr Ganson, RL needs you this weekend.
Didn't he ref the last game between us at Headingley when Sam's face attacked Ablett's forearm ?
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote: This smells of Brian McLennan's twisted attitude through and through.
The way he is trying to rationalise every despicable action by his player by transferring blame to anyone and everyone else is pathetic.

Can anyone else see a surreal parallel with General Melchett in 'Blackadder Goes Forth'? Can't nail it down to anything specific other than the fact that his mind is closed to anyone's opinion but his own.
This was exemplified when, having said he wanted the Judiciary Panel to look into the circumstances of McGuire's injury. Eddie told him he had just watched the entire incident and it involved him committing a foul on Carmont. He was stuck for words then. He is selective in what he sees, and if what he sees does not fit into his argument, he invents.

I'm just glad he never saw Andy Coley urinate over McGuire while they were putting him on the stretcher!!!
Leeds, under Mclennan, are coached to intimidate the opposition. Their players pat the opposition players on the back after every error made. They verbally sledge all match. Cheap shots like swinging the elbow after the tackle is made.
This is a typical Kiwi RL tactic that was introduced into their international style of play against the Aussies which has now been transferred by McLennan to the Leeds Rhino's.
Our lads must be disciplined on saturday to not react, as for sure they will be targetted.
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

Panchitta Marra wrote: elbow after the tackle is made.
A very dangerous tactic which Leeds get away with because it is called 'accidental' when will the RFL realise you don't have to be able to 'see' a player to know where he is and in the Leeds players case where the head is so you can aggressively elbow it.

Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

MrDave wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote: elbow after the tackle is made.
A very dangerous tactic which Leeds get away with because it is called 'accidental' when will the RFL realise you don't have to be able to 'see' a player to know where he is and in the Leeds players case where the head is so you can aggressively elbow it.
Couldnt agree more MrDave.
Lee Radford took umbridge with prisoner Cell Block Bailey, only to be sent off for his retaliation to repeated blows off a swinging elbow.
Once decent players like Paul Senior and Jamie Peackock are now whinging a*seholes at any decision not going their way. Kevin Sinfield is like a cojoined twin to the referee during the games, comploaining at every decision.
I must sound like a record with the needle stuck, but I am convinced all this has been bred in by Brian Mclennan.