Barrow Vs Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cumbria_warrior

Re: Barrow Vs Wigan

Post by cumbria_warrior »

what were the two lads called that played number 1 & 2? Was impressed by both them
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

1 would be Matty Russell and 2 ? Ryan King ? Both played for England Academy.
cumbria_warrior

Cheers just found that on rfl fans on team sheet. The fullback looked like he played there all the time but it says on there usually plays wing? Looked confident in there game and made some good breaks
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

He has :) He was a FB all through his junior career and played for England Schools U15s there. He tended to get selected for the U20s so he was placed on the wing but he recently played for England Academy v Aus at FB. Very fast and light on his feet.

King the winger is fast, seem to be improving all the time etc and seems a smart RL player.
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

not seen Matt Russell play but all sounds good so far. is there a chance he could break into the first team. maybe if Sam has to move back to Stand off?
The Eclipse

Post by The Eclipse »

Matt Russell reminds me of a young Billy Slater, if he turns out half as good that would be nice.
cumbria_warrior

Could be one to watch in a season or so, or even early challenge cup possibly? Looked a good player and like has been said a bit of speed about him, lets also not forget Charnley, he was quicker than I expected and Barrows Nixon is meant to be fastest in there league and caught him up easy enough once or twice.

I think this year we will see charnley a fair bit
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

i hope we see Charnely play some games this year aswell. i think Carmont will retire at the end of the year and i hope he will be ready to just slot in his place
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

http://www.barrowrlfc.com/barrow_rugby_gallery.asp

Decent set of pics (Barrow bias obviously)
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

like the flags on pic 32

hope we use those and other things to create a huge atmosphere for the WCC