Tonights match

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
The Hoff

Re: Tonights match

Post by The Hoff »

Thought we did really well considering we had 5 from our starting 13 out! Very Proud.

Sam was class they couldnt tackle him. Lima is going to be a beast, just what we have been missing for the past few seasons.

McIlorum looked great aswell, I really hope he can stay injury free this season.

Goulding & Marsh looked like a good partnership, they kept King under wraps all night.

Also Charnley was fantastic when he came on, i'd start him on the wing at Cardiff.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

stevethegas wrote:Sadly couldn't make this one, but the reports all sound good.
However I note that we've won at the HJ for the second time, and for the first time in 12 months with Bentham as referee.
It's all looking wonderful - see you all at Cardiff!
That's three won on the run now at Warrington.
Two friendlies and the Superleague game.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

No straw damn us wrote: That's three won on the run now at Warrington.
Two friendlies and the Superleague game.
Yes. I'd forgotten about last year's friendly as well. Looks like the monkey wasn't killed, just decided to get on Warrington's back for a bit! :D
The Hoff

Post by The Hoff »

However I note that we've won at the HJ for the second time, and for the first time in 12 months with Bentham as referee.
Wasnt Bentham the ref at the Salford friendly?
stevethegas

Post by stevethegas »

Bentham may have been at Salford as well.
Sorry I couldn't make that one either - in fact I've been rubbish in this preseason's "friendlies".
I'll try to arrange a note from my mother to explain that I've got a verruca and need to be be excused!
Stevethegas
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

The Hoff wrote:
Wasnt Bentham the ref at the Salford friendly?
Yes he was, I just wonder if the two friendlies he has refereed count towards our quota of having him for the rest of the season?? :roll:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

I was unable to attend the game last night due to pub watch. Nor was I able to get internet wifi connection so I was left in the dark so to speak. Only learned the score this morning. So any info regarding who played well and who failed to impress and who should not make the team sheet come our opening game? How did Amos go on the night? and young Logan? Thanks. :D
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

KOOCH wrote:I was unable to attend the game last night due to pub watch. Nor was I able to get internet wifi connection so I was left in the dark so to speak. Only learned the score this morning. So any info regarding who played well and who failed to impress and who should not make the team sheet come our opening game? How did Amos go on the night? and young Logan? Thanks. :D
Kooch follow this link to a match report from the other forum.Will tell you all you need to know
http://wigan.rlfans.com/news.php?readmore=954
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Thanks for that Fujiman. Sorry I took so long with my reply. :D