Sky and BBC in danger of losing rugby league rights to ESPN

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
exile in Tiger country

Re: Sky and BBC in danger of losing rugby league rights to...

Post by exile in Tiger country »

THE 18th Man wrote:what he means is Sky Sports HD1 is on 401 and Sky Sports 1 is on 408. they have all swapped around. except for BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 who have kept theirs normal
This must be back home in the North Wast, just tried mine in the East Midlands and still 401-405 for standard.

Ooh this confused me,:conf: I only got Sports back last Thursday and thougt they had moved it.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Downunder

Post by Downunder »

Maybe with ESPN jumping in & stirring the pot for RFL rights might be good for the code in the long run.... From downunder we are also bombarded with Football & RU. The only reason we've got Sky is for the Rugby League. Which I must admit is way better than what Aus & UK get. The NRL & UK games are Live unless there are time clashes (NRL), which 1 is delayed & shown straight after the main game.

When I heard Ch.9 had the won right for UK, I was cheering, thinking I wouldn't miss my UK games while in Aus. Absolutely disgusted they showed 1 bloody game a week on Sunday 10/11pm.

Surely with a few Networks in the running, RFL would have the upperhand to push for HOW many games, WHAT games & TIME Slots, Live priority or Delayed....It should be for the "BETTERMENT OF THE CODE!!! not only for the $$$ gain.

I was blown away with the amount of Countries trying to get a place in the World Cup 2008 playoffs.(which is ours, NZ for 5yrs)RFL need to get the Game televised to those other countries & help build Our Code there like RU. "If you want something to GROW you NURTURE & FEED it"

Cheers from Downunder.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Chatham Warrior wrote:
exile in Tiger country wrote:
THE 18th Man wrote:what he means is Sky Sports HD1 is on 401 and Sky Sports 1 is on 408. they have all swapped around. except for BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 who have kept theirs normal
This must be back home in the North Wast, just tried mine in the East Midlands and still 401-405 for standard.

Ooh this confused me,:conf: I only got Sports back last Thursday and thougt they had moved it.
my daughter has both sd and hd boxes and on the Hd box SPHD1 is on 401 whilst on the SD box SP1 is 401 and the HD feed is on 408 and this is in the same house
Think you've answered you're own query there mate

:o