Seven Warriors in Exile

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Stormfan

Re: Seven Warriors in Exile

Post by Stormfan »

OJ wrote:It's a conspiracy - they're trying to tire us out! :o
The same thing happened to Storm in 2008 season. In SOO(State of Origin) we had 9 players in Game 1
Game 2..10
Game 3..8
Plus our coach was NSW coach.
In Rep Games against NZ we had a combined total of 8 players. No wonder our boys were worn out.
Then all our games during rep season was played away. whereas manly played all their games at home and only had 1 or 2 players in the SOO and Rep teams.
NRL looked after them. :(
wiganwarriordave

Post by wiganwarriordave »

Nezza Faz wrote:Any programme that takes RL forward should be supported - a strong Eng/GB internationally would have huge spin-off benefits to our club and may even get us closer to the Aussies/Kiwis on the world stage.
I agree.. But in the middle of a season, where one team could potentially lose 3 players, while other may lose none. Plus the knock on effect of fatigue, injuries and moral. No thanks... My loyalty lies with Wigan. I'd rather see a load of Saints/Wire/Rhinos knock seven shades out of each other then struggle through to the GF/CC final.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

wiganwarriordav​e​ wrote:
Nezza Faz wrote:Any programme that takes RL forward should be supported - a strong Eng/GB internationally would have huge spin-off benefits to our club and may even get us closer to the Aussies/Kiwis on the world stage.
I agree.. But in the middle of a season, where one team could potentially lose 3 players, while other may lose none. Plus the knock on effect of fatigue, injuries and moral. No thanks... My loyalty lies with Wigan. I'd rather see a load of Saints/Wire/Rhinos knock seven shades out of each other then struggle through to the GF/CC final.
:eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2: Me too.

Why not a free weekend from SL?? What are the RFL & Sky playing at???
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
wiganwarriordave

Post by wiganwarriordave »

josie andrews wrote: :eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2: Me too.

Why not a free weekend from SL?? What are the RFL & Sky playing at???
I can see what they're trying to do in promoting the game, which is great, it's just the timing is completely wrong. As with the Millennium weekend concept. Great idea, but first weekend of the season when it's still freezing.... Not great.
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

This is a complete farce of a game which could signal the end of competitive international rugby league ... where on Earth does the England team go if they lose against the Exiles. We'd be a laughing stock in Australia & New Zealand.

Also, I'd rather Wigan players were concentrating on Wigan matters especially with our current form.