Does anyone know why Lima was sent off?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
gillysmyhero

Re: Does anyone know why Lima was sent off?

Post by gillysmyhero »

ancientnloyal wrote:Finch was awful again.

Lima was a bit harsh, but slightly humorous.
Correct Finch was awful.He didnt do much against a team from a lower division.Still needs to make a lot of improvment to convince me he's a better signing than Tim Smith.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Barrow had some great cheat tactics, that were well planned.

For the Lima incident they threw the ball to him then complained to the ref. Lima just caught the ball then looked round for who wanted it and off he went...

For each kick off they went short with a high kick, the players were offside and just took the first man out.

They were pulling at the ball in the tackle everytime, eventually even the ref noticed this and started penalising them.

The again, they did had a try ruled out for a forward that looked ok....
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Was definatly forward. But I think we could learn one or two things from the game. Barrow almost regained the ball at every kick off, some may say they were off side but I dont think there was much in it.
doc

Post by doc »

They also showed quite a bit of variation in their kick offs. Most of them caused us problems.
botica

Post by botica »

I think it was pedantic, if he hadn't caught it, it would have smacked him in the face.... A bit of a chat would have sufficed.
I thought Barrow put up a good game is spells, their kick offs were confusing and to keep them 0 was a tremendous effort.
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
Sam Panapa ate me pie

Post by Sam Panapa ate me pie »

Just to bring up the earlier discussion,

I thought Finch was excellent. He was rusty in the first couple of games but the lad has just come back from a neck injury?! Surely allowed a little time to settle...

What he brings to us is a new dimension to the attack. Teams have clearly studied us over the summer and were easily neutralising out sweeping attacks with 2/3 waves of runners at the start of the season, but he adds a new angle.

His flat passes to forwards have been excellent and he adds a much more varied nature to the attack.

He also made some good runs from dummy half IMO to make yards like Piggy used to.

Also, having read his interview in the Saints prog, he seems a decent lad. I didn't realise that his blonde look was the result of a punishment from the rest of the team!
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Sam Panapa ate me pie wrote:Just to bring up the earlier discussion,

I thought Finch was excellent. He was rusty in the first couple of games but the lad has just come back from a neck injury?! Surely allowed a little time to settle...
What he brings to us is a new dimension to the attack. Teams have clearly studied us over the summer and were easily neutralising out sweeping attacks with 2/3 waves of runners at the start of the season, but he adds a new angle.

His flat passes to forwards have been excellent and he adds a much more varied nature to the attack.

He also made some good runs from dummy half IMO to make yards like Piggy used to.

Also, having read his interview in the Saints prog, he seems a decent lad. I didn't realise that his blonde look was the result of a punishment from the rest of the team!
Don't be silly, he plays for Wigan so must be perfect for every second of every game. :wink:
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Sam Panapa ate me pie

Post by Sam Panapa ate me pie »

True, sorry, I forgot about that! :)

No doubt this early criticism will prove correct just like it turned out for that Richards fellow...