South Stand Incident Monday Night

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
KOOCH

Re: South Stand Incident Monday Night

Post by KOOCH »

I do not know the facts surrounding this incident. And as such it would be unfair of me to make any comments about the person concerned. Whilst I do appreciate that most of the stewards are very helpful and cheery some are clearly frustrated bouncers or would be bouncers and can be over aggressive.Last season I brought a friend to see a game (his first)being quite close to the front and seated in the middle row my friend paid a visit to the toilet. Not being familiar with the layout of the seating he could see that he would disturb more people to the left of me than those to my right.Being a considerate person he thought he would walk down the step and come to our seating from another angle so as not to disturb several people.On setting foot on the apron to the front of the east stand.A coloured gentleman rather nastily told him in no uncertain terms.Get the F*** up them steps or I will smack your F****ng head in.He the steward was rounded on by several people sat close to the incident telling him that he did not need to speak to my friend in that manner. He then walked away without acknowledging his tirade.My friend gave no argument other than to say sorry about that kooch I did not mean any harm. Needless to say that was his first and last experience of rugby league.I have tried to entice him back but he tells me he has not been spoken to like that in many years and will not return.I did write to the club about this and received an half hearted sorry. Not good enough Wigan. Shame about the over enthusiastic jobsworth as most are marvelous and work very hard only for the idiots to spoil it. :D
eccywarrior

Re: Another Idiot in the South Stand

Post by eccywarrior »

most stewards are idiots who like to cause trouble. it happened to one of are fans at headingley last time out but did not retaliate.
IN WANE WE TRUST
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

white elephant wrote:The reason i sit in the east stand and would never go in the south is because of the reserved seating they need to make the south stand the same! all this would have been avoided!!

Why should they?
I can't get to as many games as I would like, but when I do, I go to the South stand because I can sit with my season ticket holding mate.
If I get delayed, we can still sit together, because he can move.
Why let the few spoil it for the many?
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

This topic crops up from time to time and I can only assume any problem is confined to the South Stand where the noisier, more exuberant fans go. This is obviously 'staffed' by the younger stewards who are capable of adding to, rather than resolving a problem, if not actually causing a problem themselves!

On the steps near to my seat in the East Stand, the regular steward is in his 70s. The rest of them are basically quiet individuals who obviously consider enjoying the game to be their main raison-d'ètre. I expect it is the same in the West Stand if indeed they have any in that mausoleum!

Someone mentioned the term 'bouncer'. Nowadays, all doormen require CRB clearance. Does the same apply to stewards?

slimshady

Post by slimshady »

The stewards Ive had problems with are over 50 and in the posh prawn eating west stand where there is always lots of trouble with rowdy over 60,s and civil servants intent on trouble making! A wiganer who thinks he's got a bit of power because he's wearing one of uncle nobeads vizwear jackets should tarred an feathered and banished to lollipop duty so they can bully kids!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

slimshady wrote:The stewards Ive had problems with are over 50 and in the posh prawn eating west stand where there is always lots of trouble with rowdy over 60,s and civil servants intent on trouble making! A wiganer who thinks he's got a bit of power because he's wearing one of uncle nobeads vizwear jackets should tarred an feathered and banished to lollipop duty so they can bully kids!
LMFAO! :lol:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:
slimshady wrote:The stewards Ive had problems with are over 50 and in the posh prawn eating west stand where there is always lots of trouble with rowdy over 60,s and civil servants intent on trouble making! A wiganer who thinks he's got a bit of power because he's wearing one of uncle nobeads vizwear jackets should tarred an feathered and banished to lollipop duty so they can bully kids!
LMFAO! :lol:
Nooooooo, they are the worse jobsworths going :( They have no idea about using their lollipop. They will stop a stream of traffic to let one child through at a time instead of waiting until there are several like they used to. Montrose Avenue is a nightmare at school times they have lollipops every 30 - 50 yards or so :exc:

Talk about conserving the environment & fuel, you can use a gallon of petrol going up or down that road at school times.
Slight exaggeration but you get my drift :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Aaron C. Rescue

Post by Aaron C. Rescue »

Kittwazzer wrote:Its a downside of a 6 o'clock kick off on a Bank Holiday. Saw on Twitter that some people were planning to start their day out at lunchtime!

Same will happen for the C.Cup tie at Warrington, 4.30 pm ko, Wire and Wigan fans in same stand, drinking from early, hope all behave !!!!
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me"

'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet...unsure'

'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it'
doc

Post by doc »

Personally I think a lot of the trouble at the back of the SS is caused by kids who can't hold their drink. FWIW I think that they need to start asking for ID in the concourse bars as I see quite a few people in the queue who if I was running a bar / off-licence I would want carded.
TSB

Post by TSB »

doc wrote:Personally I think a lot of the trouble at the back of the SS is caused by kids who can't hold their drink. FWIW I think that they need to start asking for ID in the concourse bars as I see quite a few people in the queue who if I was running a bar / off-licence I would want carded.
I must sat that the first bar from the dougie side in the south stand bar always ask for ID Ive bin there many a time & witnessed this.