FORGET SILVERWARE THIS YEAR!!!!!! - Waste of space!!!!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the winky one

Re: FORGET SILVERWARE THIS YEAR!!!!!! - Waste of space!!!!!!

Post by the winky one »

FROM A TO B wrote:Oh My God, we have lost a game!
That's it, the season is officially over!
we've only got 12 games left to play and with a 2 point gap (with a game in hand) it will be nigh impossible to win anything this year.
Whilst sending Madge back, might as well get rid of lockers, sam and don't let Hock or Fielden back in the squad either.

All entitled to an opinion, but come on :roll:
Strange how quickly we throw the towel in isn't it?
my dad is exactly the same and almost bursts a blood vessel
just calm down people...long way to go yet :eusa14: :sarc:
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Totally agree Winky, according to some we haven't played well all year (away at the Giants?) but yet we can still go joint top of the league if we win our game in hand, so god help the rest of SL when we get Coley, Hock and Fielden in our pack and start playing well (which we will). Stop worrying everyone, 2 defeats to Catalan and a defeat to Wire is nothing to be ashamed of, we have the play-offs and a quarter final to look forward to, when I am sure MM, SW and KR will have the boys firing on all cylinders. I understand that we are not hitting the heights of last year but give other teams credit, I have faith and more importantly I imagine so do the players.

If we win nothing at the end of the season then by all means it can be doom and gloom. :o
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

It is a bit early to write us off yet,however we do struggle against big packs eg,Wire and Catalans.I am surprised that many people think that the return of Fielden and Hock will make a huge difference. Fielden hasnt played for over 6 months and Hock for 2 years so i am not confident they will make a great impact.Perhaps they will be better when the play offs come around but if we are out of the top 2 then we will find it very difficult to get to the GF.
TrueBlueWarrior

To be fair Old Hooker we are going to finish minimum 4th so as long as Fielden and Hock are flying by the play-offs then that is good enough for me and they will clearly make a difference.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
tonyteastain

Post by tonyteastain »

Im not saying that we will win everything. im personally writing off the hub cap this year but think we will come good for the challenge cup and the play off's. id like us to finish in the top 2 of the league so we get two chances but its not overly important.

maybe we wont win anything. if we keep playing the way we have at times we dont deserve to win. I just have a feeling and could be wrong that there is a plan b in the way we play but dont want to use that until the really important games.

TrueBlueWarrior

Let's hope so!
Wes

Post by Wes »

Every game is important! Incidentally an open Q to all the statisticians out there ..... how many games did we lose at this point last year?
HGWarrior

Post by HGWarrior »

old hooker wrote:........ but if we are out of the top 2 then we will find it very difficult to get to the GF.
Why does it matter if we are outside the top 2? If we are at the top of our game at the end of the season then anywhere in the top 4 is good enough.
The future's bright

The future's Cherry & White!!!!!
botica

Post by botica »

What are you on?
We lost a game to a team that are hard to beat at home, are on a high because they pulled off a shock win away and were always on the + with the short turn around we had.

The loss at home made the team re look and i am sure this will too. October is a long way away. The GF is in closer reach of anyone in the top 4 than ever before.
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

HGWarrior wrote:
old hooker wrote:........ but if we are out of the top 2 then we will find it very difficult to get to the GF.
Why does it matter if we are outside the top 2? If we are at the top of our game at the end of the season then anywhere in the top 4 is good enough.
Because history tells us one of the top two nearly always wins.Only Bradford i think have done it outside of the top two