Re: Crusaders gone , Wigan grade A status

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

After pumping 700K into Crusaders I presumed that the RFL were FULLY aware of Crusaders finances etc.
Wes

Post by Wes »

cpwigan wrote:After pumping 700K into Crusaders I presumed that the RFL were FULLY aware of Crusaders finances etc.
Maybe Leeds Met Uni missed a few things when they where looking at how clubs where running their businesses!

I hope Crusader play in the Co-op Champ but really they need their own ground a good youth development consistent crowds and turn a profit before they attempt to re apply, all is not lost in Wales it was just never done right the 1st time!

Shame but no suprise, something tells me Mr Noble knew a lot more than he let on too!
BriH

Post by BriH »

Halifax's Chairman aint too happy by all accounts! Don't blame him either.
It will be interesting to see if any of the licences/franchises - call them what you will - are revoked in the next 3 years.

I thought Wigan wouldn't get one:

Too successful - unfair competition

Too many overseas players

Shared ground

Too many away Supporters - unfair advantage at some away matches when they outnumber the home supporters.

Etc. etc
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Disgraceful that Haifax have not replaced Wakefield and how can Leeds get a grade A franchise when they have no plans to provide cover on the Western Terrace for visiting supporters.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Disgraceful that Haifax have not replaced Wakefield and how can Leeds get a grade A franchise when they have no plans to provide cover on the Western Terrace for visiting supporters.
Haha. Good un! :lol:
irishwarrior

Post by irishwarrior »

Crusaders situation is a complete embarrassment for the game, they should never have been there. This expansion plan is really a poor strategy, if its a local sport then thats it, if teams want to get to superleague it should takes years of hard work and business planning not just placing teams in a league because of their geographic position. If they want to expand how about expanding the search for fit and proper people to run the game. There are better run amateur sports!!!
Wes

Post by Wes »

Expansion for our game is a great idea trouble is the RFL go about it the wrong way!

Rather than clubs being formed from the top down they need to be formed from the bottom up!

All the franchise system is geared towards it but the RFL would rather give some poor business men £700,000 to do as they wish, instead of invest in youth development and stadia and facilities what do they do, buy as many aussies as possible and fail!

Expansion clubs get longer than everybody else in reality, they should use the time wisely!

Poor from the RFL and poor from the Crusaders!
Susi

Post by Susi »

not wantin to sound like a certain sky pundit but why on earth dont we have a cumbrain side in.
They have been playing up there for ages and are basically good sides.
This welsh lark never took off and if they withdrew there application then still one should go down(Wake/Cas).
So all this buff about criteria has now gone out the window, and we are expected to visit a stadium with 3 foot high weeds growin through crumbling terraces, no proper facilities for ladies loos (sorry gents dont know if yours same).
it is one heck of a farce this.
Bring up the fax and the vikings.
i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

I bet Keith Senior is busy looking through the small print in his contract for a cooling off period