Salary Cap And Recruitment

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Panchitta Marra

Re: Salary Cap And Recruitment

Post by Panchitta Marra »

DaveO wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote: With reference to his salary in comparisson with more senior players would you say that Josh would feel a valued asset with the possible wages he is payed.
How do I know, I don't know what he is paid but there is more to being valued than just money in that he gets picked to play. He will have got a full Wembley bonus as well but lets not forget he is still a junior player and if we gave uprated contracts the instant a young players did well we'd soon run out of cap space. I am sure when he gets a new deal his wages will go up if he continues like this. In the meantime he has a contract and is doing no harm in getting himself a better one. He should not expect to be on top wages right away.
You really know how to irritate people.
Was going to reply to this drivel but will have my horlicks instead and take a knap.
Welski

Re: Salary Cap And Recruitment

Post by Welski »

Dobby wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Let's put it this way PM, Josh has been looking for work to supplement his income from RL so that tells you plenty IMO.

I thought he would have been on his 2nd pro contract which sonfuses me. The first pro contracts are now pretty awful across RL. bar the odd exception.
The 2nd pro contracts aren't a great deal better either and some of the sums are fairly astonishing when you consider the crowds they play to and the Sky money.
Just out of interest what are the rough amounts players earn these days?

From the young guys through to the established "stars" and not forgetting the has been antipodeans :roll:
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League