gaz hock thread

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wiganwarrior1

Re: Gaz Hock

Post by Wiganwarrior1 »

:eusa2: :eusa2:
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

This deserves the same as Howell, 6 match ban and no less.
No place for insane actions like this at Wigan Warriors RLFC.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Love Hocks ability but he is an idiot,got involved in drugs when he was probably the best 2nd row forward in this country.I still do not think he should have been resigned bu us by i am in the minority i know.He has let us down again in another way.IMO a leopard does not change his spots and i do not trust him to be a model pro.Not worth the problems he has caused.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

So stupid - if he was determined to get a lengthy ban; then at least get some return on it - smack moaning myler or cry baby briers and do all fans of RL a favor!

Joking aside - I don't think that he actually got his fingers in his eyes; but that was more luck than judgement. Another brain implosion was the last thing he needed. I don't think that it really matters how long his ban is - if he gets banned then he shouldn't play again for us this season.

Anyone else see Lima pull sideshow king's hair? Bet the RFL ban him but not perm-boy for the forearm.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I have only seen it once. Are we definite Hock gouged him?
Wigan coach Michael Maguire played down the Tomkins incident and does not expect a gouging charge to be laid against Hock.

"There's nothing much there," he said. "I've got to have another look at it. Obviously emotions were running high throughout the game and it run away a little bit."
ajsefc

Post by ajsefc »

He will be done for dangerous contact in the eye area, not gouging as he didn't gouge, wasn't good and if deliberate, very very naughty but the Hock haters have made it sound worse than what it was
'I have a good stand up wash in that sink once a week'
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Fingers covered the eyes but the three middle fingers were rigidly straight. No gouging but too close to eyes to get away with. Basicly he was reaching over the top to pull the head back after being elbowed then got up swinging. He walks so should briers for his attack on sammy. 1-2 match offence I would say. Sky made it sound worse. Briers got complimented for saying sir three times to silverwood. Surprised silverwood did not give them a bonus point for grovel. He gave them everything else. Jim
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cpwigan wrote:I have only seen it once. Are we definite Hock gouged him?
Wigan coach Michael Maguire played down the Tomkins incident and does not expect a gouging charge to be laid against Hock.

"There's nothing much there," he said. "I've got to have another look at it. Obviously emotions were running high throughout the game and it run away a little bit."
His fingers didnt go into Harrisons eyes but on replay footage it could be interpretted that there was intent.
Hocks finger ends were around the eye area and he didnt pull his hand away when Harrison was getting up.
He also seemed to attempt to punch Harrison.
RJ

Post by RJ »

I had hoped Hock would have got rid of the silly antics after his ban but it seems it was not to be. The 'gouging' was bad enough but following it up with a short arm jab did not improve the situation. No doubt IMO that he will get a lengthy ban and deserves to.
onedego

Post by onedego »

the punch definately connected, so there's no getting out of that one. Whether there is actual gouging or not, there should be a disciplinary to reign him in.

I don't think he should be sacked by the club, but I do think he should be punished, and suspending play until 2012 season is fine. Get him through a proper pre-season, beast the violence out of him, and hopefully he'll sort his head out for next year.

I dont think he's a bad lad, just needs a poke in the right direction.