Amos Roberts

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Panchitta Marra

Re: Amos Roberts

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cpwigan wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:That being the case CP, surely he must show the doubters wrong by putting in the good performances and giving WWRLFC no option but to select him.
We know he can play PM when fully fit BUT like many aboriginee players they are confidence players and respond to TLC rather than being hard on them. On that basis and the way Amos has/is been treated it does not bode well. His wife and children are I believe returning to Australia after the marriage.
Thats a pity, as I honestly think Roberts is a real talent when fully fit.
Looks like man managemet towards him hasnt been at its best.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

LORENZO wrote:So sorry for the guy, as he was just so good for the first 12 months or so.
You're having a laugh, he was rubbish in his first twelve months, think of the semi final against t'Wire. Madge got him playing well until he ran in the goal post on Easter Monday last year and he has never improved since then. Can the UK Border Agency not deport him as an undesirable alien?
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Ian that is such a stupid post. Yes he was ordinary before Madge came and struggled to get fit after an injury. Madge came, he got fit and was fantastic UNTIL he wrapped himself up against the post and got badly injured. Thereafter he has been repeatedly miss diagonosed and wrongly criticised when Amos has been proven correct.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Just to add, if fans knew the truth then their insults re Amos Roberts would make them look stupid and embarassed. Wigan RLFC (coaches/support staff are at fault not Amos Roberts).
warriordp

Post by warriordp »

We know he can play PM when fully fit BUT like many aboriginee players they are confidence players and respond to TLC rather than being hard on them. On that basis and the way Amos has/is been treated it does not bode well. His wife and children are I believe returning to Australia after the marriage.
What a load of rubbish you sometimes write CP .What the hell has aboriginee got to do with being a confidence player ,your post borders on racism .They respond to TLC my A**e you talk like he s not all there andsome kind of animal ,not a human being.Get a grip you half wit :angry: :angry: :angry:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

warriordp wrote:
What a load of rubbish you sometimes write CP .What the hell has aboriginee got to do with being a confidence player ,your post borders on racism .They respond to TLC my A**e you talk like he s not all there andsome kind of animal ,not a human being.Get a grip you half wit :angry: :angry: :angry:
:roll: Obviously you know far more than numerous coaches etc who have far more experience of coaching aboriginee players than you or I. However, anybody who does not believe that Amos is a 'confidence' player clearly has not watched his Wigan career or his whole career. Still I bow to your great wisdom.

Incidentally I take great offence at your unfounded ill judged accusation which is particularly ridiculous given I spent over a decade+ working in a multi ethnic area and put countless hours into seeing many Asian youngsters progress. So hopefully you might although I doubt it understand how stupid, incorrect and hypocritical you are to accuse me of something and then respond in such a contemptable manner yourself. In person, we would not be talking and you can take that as exactly what it means!

However, to return this thread to the point in reference; Amos Roberts was convinced his injury still existed, Wigan's medical staff and coaching staff kept saying otherwise SO Amos had a private diagonosis done by an expert who has proven that Amos was telling the truth and he is now due to have an operation conducted by a surgeon following the guidlines of the 2nd opinion that Amos saught NOT Wigan RLFC. IL is not a happy bunny with the coaching/backroom staff.

So you get ludicrous individuals on RLfans continuing to abuse Amos without knowing anything and I presume DP is one such user of that forum or equally stupid.

Amos Roberts, fully fit in his second season was the best player in SL until he wrapped his leg/knee against a post and has spent 12 months saying he was not right to be repeatedly told he was imagining it and having numpty fans like several on RLfans throwing abuse his way.

TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

warriordp wrote:
warriordp, what an absolutely ridiculous post, I see you have not posted too many times and with a post like that I hope I don't have to read to many more of your posts, complete stupidity on your behalf.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
warriordp

Post by warriordp »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
warriordp wrote:
warriordp, what an absolutely ridiculous post, I see you have not posted too many times and with a post like that I hope I don't have to read to many more of your posts, complete stupidity on your behalf.
I stand by my post and what i said ,what has how many post s i have contributed to the forum got anything to do with what i said True Blue .No CP i am not an idiot and i do not post on RL fans .The fact is you said They resond to TLC,which stands for TENDER LOVING CARE. HE is a rugby player not a puppy .It seems That to DARE criticise the regular posters on here and you stand the wrath.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

warriordp wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
warriordp wrote: What a load of rubbish you sometimes write CP .What the hell has aboriginee got to do with being a confidence player ,your post borders on racism .They respond to TLC my A**e you talk like he s not all there andsome kind of animal ,not a human being.Get a grip you half wit :angry: :angry: :angry:
I stand by my post and what i said ,what has how many post s i have contributed to the forum got anything to do with what i said True Blue .No CP i am not an idiot and i do not post on RL fans .The fact is you said They resond to TLC,which stands for TENDER LOVING CARE. HE is a rugby player not a puppy .It seems That to DARE criticise the regular posters on here and you stand the wrath.
Nothing to do with who your are / where you post YOU CAME HERE throwing the race card. If you made that accusation face to face I would plant my fist in your face (you can accuse me of being a thug now lol).

My comments are basically repeating the statements of several NRL coaches. Yes it may be stereotyping but in the main it is true based on what coaches/players from the NRL say.

Different races / nationalities can have characteristic traits. Yes, there are exceptions to any rules but by and large generalisation are / can be made. They are made by people who know far more than you or I. Of course, any team is a complex mixture of individual personalities BUT to say that traits / characteristics do not exist is incorrect and to then throw the unfounded race card bullshit in, is just that bullshit.

Amos is a confidence player, he does respond to TLC and has been badly done to by club employees and several fans.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

cpwigan wrote:Ian that is such a stupid post. Yes he was ordinary before Madge came and struggled to get fit after an injury. Madge came, he got fit and was fantastic UNTIL he wrapped himself up against the post and got badly injured. Thereafter he has been repeatedly miss diagonosed and wrongly criticised when Amos has been proven correct.
But if that was true CP why have the club not misdiagnosed several other players as well, don't believe it for a minute and if he was to stay for another year and pick up his money without getting anywhere near the first team it would show to my mind that he has no pride in his performances or ability but he has repeatedly shown that on innumerable occasions already,
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.