Wire Scum V Leed Whino's

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Alex the Warrior

Re: Wire Scum V Leed Whino's

Post by Alex the Warrior »

I did say 'may' have retained it, not 'have' retained it!!!!

Felt convinced all week that we'll win tonight but didn't feel that we were in the form required to beat a Wire side who have had 3 good wins against us in two seasons and would've gone into next week with three week's rest in 2 months advantage over us.

Yes, Leeds have been the second best team in the last month or so but we've only played the St George game more than them this season. Will it be easy? Hell, no! They played exceptionally well last night and most of our games with them are settled by one score. Have our chances gone up? Significantly!

From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

The big thing for me was the confidence/arrogance that Wire had going into this game. They were looking at GF tickets before they even got there. That's such an insult to Leeds who have been as good as any team in the last few weeks.
It properly serves Wire right and I (like everyone else) was pointing at the screen and laughing at Briers.
Wire's season will be remembered mostly for two big games at the HJ which they bombed. One against us and the match last night. And God Ganson did his best didn't he.
Very pleased for McDermott though think he deserves a bit of success but I would love to do the double and there's as good a chance as any now.

Who'd have thunk it!?!?!?
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Still amazed at Ganson appologising to Wire for giving the penalty. He was quick to pass the buck to the touch judge for called it. Wonder if the touch judge will now get to ref the under eights. :)
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

What strikes me is how SL teams/players struggle to cope under pressure which is a reflection of the competition and why we struggl internationally.

I even dismayed at Sinfield's post match comment about Wire try to play the game in the right way which is akin to the great and good telling us in 1982 that Australians were just fitter but we are more skillful OR this stupid Gary Schofield red herring that we need to play the British way.

Wire are great at bullying and rattle up points stupidly if allowed to BUT when put under pressure they struggle which is a SL / British RL player trait.
HGWarrior

Post by HGWarrior »

100% Warrior wrote:
Alex the Warrior wrote:Think we may have retained the trophy tonight.
Woah, hold on there. We've a massive game to get through tomorrow and Leeds have proved tonight they'd be no pushover should we make next weeks final.

Let's not count chickens just yet.
At last someone with their feet on the ground!! :eusa1:
The future's bright

The future's Cherry & White!!!!!
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I've heard that there's going to be a minutes silence before the Saints - Wigan game and the players are wearing black armbands as a mark of respect to Eddie Hemmings and the sad demise of his beloved Wolves

Again

KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

I along with another poster who shall remain nameless unless he wish to put his name to the post.Quite wrongly stated that the Whingeing Whino's would not even make the play off's come the back end of the season must eat my humble pie.Did I want to see the whino's in the final? of course not! But neither did I want the over confidant poodles in the final.To be fair though it was a cracking game of Rugby League and to hear the gutted sound of Eddie Grecian 2000's voice.I have read quite a few over confident posters who really do need a reality check.The stains will want to beat us just as much as we want to beat them.They will be cockahoop after the last game against us and will not be carrying the same element of doubt that they have in previous games against us.Whatever the result this evening I shall be unable to attend the Final as once again my dearest darling wife as managed to book us an holiday on the 8th of October to Torremolinos.I did think it rather strange that she managed to book a second holiday when a final was on.But to be fair these holidays had been booked last December. :D
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I like Torremolinos!
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Kittwazzer wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:A&L absolute comedy gold!
I'd steal that for my FB status but there's too many characters! :lol:
Give it a try KW, the new "improved" FB is not as restrictive.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09