Farrell - Judas or Saint

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

Re: Farrell - Judas or Sai...

Post by mrs_carney »

my brother wont eat or drink anything lol dunno how he thinks that'll help but.....
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Now I'm gonna have a couple of pies. Well done lads!
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

now all we need is faz to stay.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

If you were working for, say, McDonalds, and Burger King offered you a better deal, would you take it? I'd even move to St Helens college if they offered me more money than Wigan&Leigh college do (which ain't much!) Why should sport be any different?
Because it is.

It is all over the press that RL is inferior to RU (basically) due to Farrell switching.

He has an assured future in RL. He has two years of a lucrative contract to run which he should honour. It is pretty simple really.

Dave
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

100% Warrior posted:
Should Andy decide that the time is right to challenge himself in the other code he should leave with the supporters thanks, not having his loyalty questioned.
His loyatly is open to question because he is running out on the last two years of his contract if reports are to be believed.
Faz has given the club 12/13 years of stirling service therefore should he decide to leave it shouldn't be for us to question him.

These things never last forever, I'm sure we'd all love our favourite players to stay at the club but of course at some time it does have to end.
If he was leaving at the end of his contract in 2006 having honoured his commitments to the club which he was happy to make then fine. But he isn't. This is not a natural progession akin to "all good things come to an end". We knew one day he would hang up his boots but to leave mid-contract for RU when he does not need to? Sorry, but he is out of order.
Hopefully not, should this turn out to be Andy's last season with the Warriors let's all back him and
the rest of the lads and go for a Grand Final victory at the end of the season.
The current SP is that he will never play for Wigan again.

Dave
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

i don,t think it,s time to pass judgement until faz has his say......but here,s my say DON,T GO
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

:(

I'm sorry but I think some people had better remember a few years back when Andy turned down a more lucrative contract offered by a club from the NRL and decided to continue playing at Wigan.

Although supporters may not like it, in the world of sport today many players do not complete the contracts they've signed. It's not that the majority of these people are disloyal it's just they have their own futures to look after.
Farmfez

Post by Farmfez »

Hi Wigan fans.

Congratulations on a firm start to this years SL.

RE Farrell, things to consider.

1/. Sportsmen have relatively short careers. Those of you who say you would boo him or call him Judas, would you really begrudge a man who has given you everything he has the choice to do what HE wants?

2/. Before you judge him as being solely motivated by money, perhaps consider that as a center in union he is likely to extend his career by at least a couple of years. Isnt that what sportsmen would want the most?

3/. If he makes the move he will have an opportunity to play in the world cup. This is the 3rd biggest televised sporting event in the global calendar, behind soccer and the Olympics and comes ahead of the Superbowl.

I have no idea if he's comming although if he does it has been rumoured that it will be to Saracens. We have had mixed fortunes with League converts, Nathan MaCavoy didnt fair too well as he struggled with injury. We are now enjoying the spectacle of Tevita Vaikona knocking chunks out of opposition wingers on a weekly basis.

These cross code players dont do either game any harm. They act as an advert for the running skills of league players doing your game no harm. They also inject something new into Union, doing our game no harm.

TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

Let him go, take the money and sign a big replacement.

ADRAIN MORLEY, STUART FIELDEN OR SONNY BILL WILLIAMS. GO GET EM WIGAN.
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Wigan isn't just one man! I will be very disappointed when Farrell leaves, he's a one off, but you can understand the lure of Union.

He has won everything he can in League, with the excpetion of beating the Aussies, but despite renewed enthusiasm each year we've got no closer to beating them. Playing for Union he will be on a bigger stage (unfortunately) and will show the world how talented league players are with a real chance of him winning a World Cup winners medal, something you wouldn't begrudge him having.

I am by no means a Union fan but there is no chance I will be booing Farrell after his loyal service to the club for so many years, there aren't that many players that start so young and stay loyal so long.

On the other hand, as DaveO said, this is the most negative thing to happen to RL in years but did the RFL have any real say in the issue, I don't think it's a case of money personally, I think it's more to do with achievement.