Shameful Schoolboy Amateur RL

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
OAMJSONA

Re: Shameful Schoolboy Amateur RL

Post by OAMJSONA »

you dnt win any game with 4 forwards on the bench
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

we have won some...

but its a risk when a back gets injured.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
jackoh

Post by jackoh »

Good game nothing in the teams , would have been a draw hadn`t Hodgson stole 5 yards extra for the kick that just went over at the end
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

As this site was down all morning, I went on RedVee to get their perspective. Pies v Wire is still active!

General opinion is that it was an awesome game to watch Fast open rugby, neither side afraid to throw the ball around, crunching tackles and still undecided until the final whistle. Of course, daft mistakes from both sides, poor officiating and the idiotic Lauaki!!

But the overall consensus was ' how the hell are we going to cope against either of those sides the way we are playing?'

Sort of cheered me up. People see what they want to see!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Kittwazzer wrote:As this site was down all morning, I went on RedVee to get their perspective. Pies v Wire is still active!

General opinion is that it was an awesome game to watch Fast open rugby, neither side afraid to throw the ball around, crunching tackles and still undecided until the final whistle. Of course, daft mistakes from both sides, poor officiating and the idiotic Lauaki!!

But the overall consensus was ' how the hell are we going to cope against either of those sides the way we are playing?'

Sort of cheered me up. People see what they want to see!
Wigan will get plaudits KW especially the more they lose. If people are happy watching the garbage produced last night then they would be better off especially financially watching an amateur game or a schoolboy RL game.

IMO, what was on show last night was not professional RL, the club should be refunding every fan who attended for breaching the trade description act.

Saints fans should be looking forward to playing us. Any team in SL can beat this present Wigan team.

I will wager v anybody that Wigan will lose twice as many games this season as they did last if things remain as they are. If the shit hits the fan, I hope these deluded supporters are man enough to realise they encouraged such lunacy.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

this seems a little famoliar im sure i have read theses post of cps some where b4
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
jackoh

Post by jackoh »

CP get a grip last nights game was awesome we have no god given right to win every week , we lost through an interception and an idiotic prop .

We played well and the lads deserved some credit . The Wires stuffed us twice last season in the league .

And to cap it all the winning kick was not taken where the penalty took place .

For once give the lads some credit .

Susi

Post by Susi »

Well i am left wondering how the heck we managed to beat Leeds Cats bradford and Cas, ok Leeds had one eye on wcc but we are a far cry from the team that played then.
So what has gone on and how do we fix it, yes Wane has some blame especially the Widnes match.
yet even London a side we should have routed were running rings round us and some parts of the match our lads were just letting them.
i knew that friday would be a tight hard game, but i would have expected a better calibre of rugby.
Wane put out a weak side for locks testy game too and took all the lead players off, one does wonder why.
I know its his team now but for me too many changes have resulted in utter chaos to our former style of play.
Why try to fix something thats not broken, all the tools and plans were laid all Wane has to do is enhance them.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

jackoh wrote:CP get a grip last nights game was awesome we have no god given right to win every week , we lost through an interception and an idiotic prop .

We played well and the lads deserved some credit . The Wires stuffed us twice last season in the league .

An interesting opinion. Groundless, inaccurate and without merit IMO but what would people say everybody is entitled blah blah blah

Last nights game was awesome? Please explain how or why you think that. On quality it clearly wasn't.

The usual farcical definition of awesome would be scoreline. A total misnomer but hey it's what the media people use to decide if a game is good so why not Joe Public. If we take the scoreline argument then Wigan have been playing out of their skins in 2012 Widnes? London Broncos? and now Wire BY the scoreline argument you should be paying IL double for the entertainment OR you are actually watching the wrong sport and need a sport like football where scoring is far less frequent and the lead rarely changes or scores happen. That is how farcical the scoreline definition is

Take away scoreline AND my own definition of an awesome game is QUALITY/STANDARD of play. Do you honestly think the standard of play on Friday night was awesome? No RL game can be defined as wonderful / awesome whatever when it is littered with errors and penalties. Typically, the ball in RL is actually active for 60+ minutes IIRC, even less in union (yes I know the game is supposed to have no stoppges blah blah but every mistake leading to a scrum eats time blah blah.

Wigan ALONE conceded 12 penalties, Wire? lets say 6 to 8. If you want to be pedantic that means a penalty every 4 minutes, more like in reality one every 3 minutes AND you define a game with a penalty every 3 or 4 minutes as AWESOME :roll:

Personally an awesome game for me is on with minimal penalties hence far less breaks in play and flowing. Clearyly Wigan v Wie was not that AND if fans are happy with such fare they need to go watching Union.

An awesome game for me is one with high quality play. Wire were the poorest they have been for some time (last season this, that blah blah is a pointless red herring). We were dreaful. Basrging over from 1 yard out is not awesome RL, Wire slightly better but still needed a crippled fallen winger to string a great passing play together. Whenever both teams tried to move the ball around they made countless errors. YOUR awesome game was MISTAKE/ERROR STREWN.

The kicking game? Did Wigan have one? kicks straight in touch / pointless and numerous kicks running dead. Hodgson is just returning from injury YET we kicked to the corners, we never kicked for repeat sets. Even as a fan I would expect a returning Hodgson to be worked over BIG TIME Bombs, chip and chase, fielding in goal grubbers; He should have been exhausted and unable to lift his legs by the second half.

UNDERSTAND because like many here you seem not to read / comprehend. If Wigan had won that game it would not have matered. It was a game that exemplified why we are such a poor RL nation. I hate being the Aussies rubbing rags. Interestingly, the Aussies pat us on the head and say you did well, you will get better blah blah blah Opposition fans are doing it after Friday.

The standard of RL played by Wigan and Wire in the previous 2 seasons was light years better than Friday night. Friday night was amateur hour. If people want to watch garbage then go watch Union, Amateur RL.

Your awesome was my GARBAGE. The last 3 matches and my reasoned argument support my POV. Your one liners and the previous posters are woodchip wallpaper (Cheap and throwaway - pointless one liners with no rasoned viewpoint)

In their last 3 games Wigan have conceded a total of 88 points. Instead of getting better they are getting worse. Does anybody here think a team conceding an average of 29 points per game is going to win anything? Cherry is the resident stato here. In 2010 / 2011 at any point did Wigan concede in a 3 match run an average of 29 points per game

FOLKS in case you missed it.

WIGAN RLFC are getting worse not better.

In my considered opinion last Friday was mediocre between the worst Wire team to face us in 3 seasons and the worst Wigan team to face them. Worse, the standard was so poor we may as well wave a white flag, end international RL and find our most talented players a Union club to go to.

Peed off and worried about our club, a club that should be ejoying a great era AND oddly unlike some here far more often right than wrong. I am not here to wipe and kiss people's backsides or act delusional.

If I see garbage, I will say so.

If your happy with Friday, why waste your hard earned YOU can watch Pats, Judes, Bridge etc etc far far cheaper and see the same AMATEUR RL.

ragman

Post by ragman »

cpwigan wrote:
jackoh wrote:CP get a grip last nights game was awesome we have no god given right to win every week , we lost through an interception and an idiotic prop .

An interesting opinion. Groundless, inaccurate and without merit IMO but what would people say everybody is entitled blah blah blah

Last nights game was awesome? Please explain how or why you think that. On quality it clearly wasn't.

The usual farcical definition of awesome would be scoreline. A total misnomer but hey it's what the media people use to decide if a game is good so why not Joe Public. If we take the scoreline argument then Wigan have been playing out of their skins in 2012 Widnes? London Broncos? and now Wire BY the scoreline argument you should be paying IL double for the entertainment OR you are actually watching the wrong sport and need a sport like football where scoring is far less frequent and the lead rarely changes or scores happen. That is how farcical the scoreline definition is

Take away scoreline AND my own definition of an awesome game is QUALITY/STANDARD of play. Do you honestly think the standard of play on Friday night was awesome? No RL game can be defined as wonderful / awesome whatever when it is littered with errors and penalties. Typically, the ball in RL is actually active for 60+ minutes IIRC, even less in union (yes I know the game is supposed to have no stoppges blah blah but every mistake leading to a scrum eats time blah blah.

Wigan ALONE conceded 12 penalties, Wire? lets say 6 to 8. If you want to be pedantic that means a penalty every 4 minutes, more like in reality one every 3 minutes AND you define a game with a penalty every 3 or 4 minutes as AWESOME :roll:

Personally an awesome game for me is on with minimal penalties hence far less breaks in play and flowing. Clearyly Wigan v Wie was not that AND if fans are happy with such fare they need to go watching Union.

An awesome game for me is one with high quality play. Wire were the poorest they have been for some time (last season this, that blah blah is a pointless red herring). We were dreaful. Basrging over from 1 yard out is not awesome RL, Wire slightly better but still needed a crippled fallen winger to string a great passing play together. Whenever both teams tried to move the ball around they made countless errors. YOUR awesome game was MISTAKE/ERROR STREWN.

The kicking game? Did Wigan have one? kicks straight in touch / pointless and numerous kicks running dead. Hodgson is just returning from injury YET we kicked to the corners, we never kicked for repeat sets. Even as a fan I would expect a returning Hodgson to be worked over BIG TIME Bombs, chip and chase, fielding in goal grubbers; He should have been exhausted and unable to lift his legs by the second half.

UNDERSTAND because like many here you seem not to read / comprehend. If Wigan had won that game it would not have matered. It was a game that exemplified why we are such a poor RL nation. I hate being the Aussies rubbing rags. Interestingly, the Aussies pat us on the head and say you did well, you will get better blah blah blah Opposition fans are doing it after Friday.

The standard of RL played by Wigan and Wire in the previous 2 seasons was light years better than Friday night. Friday night was amateur hour. If people want to watch garbage then go watch Union, Amateur RL.

Your awesome was my GARBAGE. The last 3 matches and my reasoned argument support my POV. Your one liners and the previous posters are woodchip wallpaper (Cheap and throwaway - pointless one liners with no rasoned viewpoint)

In their last 3 games Wigan have conceded a total of 88 points. Instead of getting better they are getting worse. Does anybody here think a team conceding an average of 29 points per game is going to win anything? Cherry is the resident stato here. In 2010 / 2011 at any point did Wigan concede in a 3 match run an average of 29 points per game

FOLKS in case you missed it.

WIGAN RLFC are getting worse not better.

In my considered opinion last Friday was mediocre between the worst Wire team to face us in 3 seasons and the worst Wigan team to face them. Worse, the standard was so poor we may as well wave a white flag, end international RL and find our most talented players a Union club to go to.

Peed off and worried about our club, a club that should be ejoying a great era AND oddly unlike some here far more often right than wrong. I am not here to wipe and kiss people's backsides or act delusional.

If I see garbage, I will say so.

If your happy with Friday, why waste your hard earned YOU can watch Pats, Judes, Bridge etc etc far far cheaper and see the same AMATEUR RL.
:eusa2:

you're absolutley spot on.

Many people have told me that they found friday's game exciting - is that's all you want then fine, but the standard of play this season ( and it's not just Wigan, it's across the piece for me) is appalling. The Aussies must be looking on and laughing up their sleeves