Wigan draw SAINTS home cup Quarter Final

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
100% Warrior

Re: Wigan draw SAINTS home cup Quarter Final

Post by 100% Warrior »

If the Beeb want to screen Wigan v Saints they'll have to shift Eastenders or whatever is scheduled for BBC2 for Friday night.

Why should we forfeit our rare advantage of a home tie in the cup against a Super League team.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Been on SSN that Wigan are looking at alternative venues! :blush:
RJ

Post by RJ »

According to sporting life they are thinking about Widnes' Stobart stadium aka another home tie for Saints!

BTW I hope we are all going to be Catalan Dragon fans for a day when they play Wire after the way Warrington fans and their club shop treated us back in 2007. Think I will give their shop a ring and ask if they have any of those tee shirts left wishing Catalans all the best etc :cool:
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

As it stands it is the last batch of Premier League matches for the season on the Sunday concerned. As there are winners & losers issues at either end of the table, traditionally, the last matches all kick off at the same time, so Mr Whelan, as mighty & powerful as he is, can't do a dicky bird about the kick off time. Furthermore, as some of you are aware, no matches of whatever shape or form, must take place on a Premier League Fotball "pitch" the day before. Therefore the only outstanding day to play is Friday. So we either play then or we dig in & refuse to see a venue change.
The RFL would throw more petrol on their fire of stupidity if they took a positive stance to this scenario, however, when has this ever been an obstacle to their lunacy?
Hope this helps!?! :wink:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

I'm absolutely fed up to the back teeth with this now, home tie means we play at our own ground not forfeit it AGAIN to play it at a neutral venue.

Why should I have to put my hand in my pocket to pay to travel to Widnes or wherever when my team have been selected to play at home.

To be frank it stinks :angry:
Wandering Warrior

There's a ground much nearer than the Widnes tip that won't see anymore matches after Saturday, & it's got good capacity & about seven miles from the centre of Wigan! :wink:
Wandering Warrior

100% Warrior wrote:I'm absolutely fed up to the back teeth with this now, home tie means we play at our own ground not forfeit it AGAIN to play it at a neutral venue.

Why should I have to put my hand in my pocket to pay to travel to Widnes or wherever when my team have been selected to play at home.

To be frank it stinks :angry:
:eusa2:
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

I wonder if the fans offered to volunteer for a clean up operation after playing on Saturday that would help Mr Whelan's logistical problems (and also save him a few bob in the process).

Anyone up for this?
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
weststandguy

Post by weststandguy »

Wouldn't help.
After several of Latics opponents complaining about the state of the pitch,Whelan was told by the FA in no uncertain terms,No 24 hour turn arounds.
Play Friday and tell the BBC to show it then,or shove it,we shouldn't have to lose home advantage for them. :angry:
"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears..and I've been to St Helens"-john Bishop
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

weststandguy wrote: Play Friday and tell the BBC to show it then,or shove it,we shouldn't have to lose home advantage for them. :angry:
Agreed. Our fortune in the competition should not be at the mercy of the BBC. What's their contribution anyway?