Magic weekend

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Kittwazzer

Re: Magic weekend

Post by Kittwazzer »

So what did everyone think was the best game?

Take ours away and I thought the Hull derby was a cracker. But over all, my favourite was watching Salford continue the Giants decline. We normally have to wait till July before the Giants hit the skids! :lol:
markill

Re: Magic weekend

Post by markill »

I think we can all start to accept that we had almost as easy a game as Wire in the end... Keep the Derbies!!

I'm just kidding. It's clearly flawed. Arguably the best game wasn't even a derby!!

I don't see the point of the magic weekend if we're going to keep it in Manchester. Although attendance wise it might appear successful, what are we doing there? Local businesses won't really benefit as most people probably went home on the Saturday night and cam back Sunday. Its not really a new audience when the city is pretty close to 10 of the SL teams - probably within an hours drive I would guess. Just an extra game that we don't really need when we could give players a rest / play internationals at a sensible time.

If Sky still want a weekend where all the teams are on TV, just schedule a weekend where all the games are on TV!

One sensible 'magic' suggest i've read (can't remember if it was on this thread) was to play the CC quarter finals on one weekend in the same venue. 4 games, 8 sets of fans, two games each day, give them a corner of a 30k-ish capacity stadium each with some seats in the middle for neutrals who just like watching rugby. Judging by this season's QF attendances, there will still be plenty of spare seats.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod