Charnley

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Southern Softy

Re: Charnley

Post by Southern Softy »

More likely (hopefully) to be a calf muscle which makes a "pop" (speaks from personal experience) which normally means 3 weeks.

Now can we stop these ludicrous mid-season matches please.
GBH

Post by GBH »

now which news story is right this one says its not that bad
http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan-w ... -1-4708904
Snickers Workwear - Workwear - Safety Boots
KaylaRobbo

Post by KaylaRobbo »

Why is there nothing on the Warriors web-site about our latest injury when they know that everyone's panicking??? C'mon guys - someone put us out of our misery. I joked in another post about it all being a conspiracy and that SW would suddenly turn water into wine and pull a few miracle healings out of the bag as a surprise for Leeds but now............ if anybody wants me I'll be throwing a coin in the Trevi fountain whilst holding a four leaf clover and stroking a rabbits foot. Too worried to mention breaking a leg - at this rate we'll end up with more St Johns Ambulance people on the pitch then players! Somebody up there give us a break (and I don't mean literally :butb: )
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

If Pat returns perhaps Gelling will be shifted to the right wing. I think he is a righty anyway.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

cherry.pie wrote:
cpwigan wrote:If Pat returns perhaps Gelling will be shifted to the right wing. I think he is a righty anyway.
I think he's comfortable either side. For the Roosters Toyota Cup side he played right centre and left wing and then for the Auckland Vulcans he occasionally played left centre.
Seems to carry the ball right handed though Cherry which for a left winger is a no no IMO. Far better carrying the ball left handed to fend with his right and pass back inside if need be with his left.
jobo

Post by jobo »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:
Now comes the media push to justify the event and its the fans who seem to be at fault because of there tribalism !

You want an England / GB side, start playing the, off the cuff Rugby league that we are capable of instead of trying to match the aussies at there own game as they will grind you down and blow you off the park when you make a mistake.

Irrespective of that the games need to meaningful to justify fixed/inflated RFL pricing, hence the panic then to flog tickets with shirts or at seriously knocked down prices

Wilkins needs his head examining if he really believes the stuff he's been spouting. Being tribal is what makes the SOO the spectacle it is. The exiles game started as a reasonably good idea but they play it at a stupid time in the season and with no prospect of fans seriously taking ownership of the game. Still think we should have the Lancs/Yorkshire or call it east v west or whatever.
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

jobo wrote:
TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:
Now comes the media push to justify the event and its the fans who seem to be at fault because of there tribalism !

You want an England / GB side, start playing the, off the cuff Rugby league that we are capable of instead of trying to match the aussies at there own game as they will grind you down and blow you off the park when you make a mistake.

Irrespective of that the games need to meaningful to justify fixed/inflated RFL pricing, hence the panic then to flog tickets with shirts or at seriously knocked down prices

Wilkins needs his head examining if he really believes the stuff he's been spouting. Being tribal is what makes the SOO the spectacle it is. The exiles game started as a reasonably good idea but they play it at a stupid time in the season and with no prospect of fans seriously taking ownership of the game. Still think we should have the Lancs/Yorkshire or call it east v west or whatever.
Good call Jobo :eusa2:
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

SL ends in October with the GF and doesn't start up again until Feb. Why can't these Exiles games break up the off season? And the WCC for that matter when the NRL has its break!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Kittwazzer wrote:SL ends in October with the GF and doesn't start up again until Feb. Why can't these Exiles games break up the off season? And the WCC for that matter when the NRL has its break!
Because thats when the real internationals are.

We want something that can be the same as SOO and the mid season Aus vs NZ internationals.

IMO you have to have the match between two entities that there is at least a little potential for fans to identify with. Obviously England is OK, but they need opposition that has an identity that it cares about. If the game was strong in London, having an Aus&NZ team would probably be viable becuase of the large numbers of Aus&NZ barstaff that live there.

Lastly - what the hell is McNamara doing treating the second match as an opportunity to field his second string players? He wanted an intense match, but then he doesn't even field his strongest team. It makes no sense at all. If they are going to have two matches they both need to be on weekends when no other matches happen, otherwise clubs will always try to withdraw their players. Myabe McNamara had no option but to present the match as he did due to "unavialble" players?

Despite all of this - the England team couldn't even beat an unmotivated aging team of second string a.n.others - pathetic

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
BriH

Post by BriH »

Just got back from a week away at Lake Constance.
Didn't even bother recording the Exiles game but watched the 3rd State of Origin.
Makes the Exiles look like the farce it is.
Hope Josh is OK.
The RFL is a bloody big joke. Confirmed by some of the inane comments coming out re. Bradford.
Sometimes I despair about the future of RL with these donkeys/monkeys (sorry if I've insulted the aforementioned)in charge.
I think the late great Jack Gibson said something along the lines of " Rugby League must ebe a great sport to survive with the idiots who run it".