Fielden

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nellywelly

Re: Fielden

Post by nellywelly »

GBH wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:
GBH wrote: Bloody harsh hes been injured and got reinjured trying to get back, hate for you to have time off sick!
Last time I looked, it was the DW, not the DSS Stadium!
Yeah lets just sack everyone who has time off sick sounds good to me as I run my own business would save me a fortune! o sorry this is the real world and we cant do that....
Its not like hes been sat at home watching day time telly hes been training and trying to get back to full fitness.

I agree he has tried to hard to get back to full fitness maybe he was not quite the player we hopped for but he put some good stints in and just getting back to top form when injured. I beleive we missed him in the play offs last season and we will miss him again. His takling was second to none and his work rate was of the highest,evan though he never reached the heady highs of his Bradford days he was a good servant and deserves better from us than this hatefull mail. IT WAS NOT HIS FAULT HE WAS INJURED
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Think people are forgetting that in the GF Winning team he was as consistently good as any other player.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Think people are forgetting that in the GF Winning team he was as consistently good as any other player.
And he's played about 3 games since?

GBH do you keep your employees on full pay for 2 years if they keep sending the sick notes in? If so, where do I apply?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Kittwazzer wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Think people are forgetting that in the GF Winning team he was as consistently good as any other player.
And he's played about 3 games since?

GBH do you keep your employees on full pay for 2 years if they keep sending the sick notes in? If so, where do I apply?
KW this is getting silly. If we adopt this strict comparison then Fielden suffered a workplace injury which shows how ludicrously absurd the notion is. The seeming end to his playing career is never something to celebrate or kick him when he is down.

FWIIW, I think Fielden made a valuable contribution to helping us avoid relegation and until his injury spell was doing his task to a very high standard. Yes, Wigan have to move on due to the salary cap etc but we as fans can still show a little compassion for a player.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Some people have short memories. When it was obvious Noble wasn't getting a new deal and rumours linked him with Crusaders, how many people on here wanted Fielden to go with him?
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

The point I was trying to make KW was posters were just saying that he helped us avoid relegation then basically been injured since, but clearly in MMs first year he was an integral part of our GF winning team. Yes he has been injured ever since and no he shouldnt be getting another contract but clearly SF would much prefer to be playing than injured. I would just like to remember him as a good professional when he played that helped us stay in SL and win a GF, not a bad contribution in the end!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

Being Paid and sick advantage of his professional contract although one that will be short lived. At least he is trying to get back to play unlike the stupie situation when your a rubbish coach don't perform and get paid alot of money to be sacked. Now that's a job you want lol
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

GBH wrote:
medlocke wrote:
josie andrews wrote: He's not getting one!
good, he doesn't deserve one, been steeling a living the past 2 seasons
Bloody harsh hes been injured and got reinjured trying to get back, hate for you to have time off sick!
and yet numerous members on here and RLfans constantly called for the release of Amos Roberts when he was injured, yet again we double standards, if the player is nearly 33 and keeps having set backs while trying to get back to match fitness then surely he should be able to work out that he is now past it and his body is trying to tell him that, i seem to recall Seu Seu being talked into leaving when he was past it so we could bring Stu in, yet Stu seems to want to linger on and take up essential cap space, is it good for the club to be paying a big chunk of the cap to a player that hasn't played in 2 years, not good business is it
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

medlocke wrote:
GBH wrote:
medlocke wrote: good, he doesn't deserve one, been steeling a living the past 2 seasons
Bloody harsh hes been injured and got reinjured trying to get back, hate for you to have time off sick!
and yet numerous members on here and RLfans constantly called for the release of Amos Roberts when he was injured, yet again we double standards, if the player is nearly 33 and keeps having set backs while trying to get back to match fitness then surely he should be able to work out that he is now past it and his body is trying to tell him that, i seem to recall Seu Seu being talked into leaving when he was past it so we could bring Stu in, yet Stu seems to want to linger on and take up essential cap space, is it good for the club to be paying a big chunk of the cap to a player that hasn't played in 2 years, not good business is it
He has had a lot more support from the fans on here in the 2 seasons he has been injured than he ever did when he was actually playing!
jobo

Post by jobo »

medlocke wrote:
GBH wrote:
medlocke wrote: good, he doesn't deserve one, been steeling a living the past 2 seasons
Must admit I don't read every post on this forum but who exactly are the numerous posters that called for Amos to be released because of his injury???

As for Fielden, he injured himself playing for Wigan so he deserves looking after and if anyone thinks he's swinging the lead, they need their heads examining. What would you do with a copper who gets badly injured in the line of duty, or a soldier, sack them????